Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clickers.

TwitchingFiber
01.25.2013 , 07:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
OR you could get over it and realize that in this game there's no reason to try to force a keybinding mentality on the population as a whole. Which is exactly what you're attempting to do here. I know plenty of folks who do fantastically by being clickers, to the point where they are successfully clearing everything. They don't PvP, so that whole business is irrelevant.

If you've got certain folks you know who are clickers and are suboptimally performing, maybe speak to them directly.
Not going to turn this in a PvE vs PvP rampage.

In no way am I trying to force anyone to do anything, plus if I were how could I possibly do that by typing in a forum? Click if you wan't, but people who can't successfully keybind and really click everything are just missing out on the potential they could possibly have.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

Thundergulch
01.25.2013 , 07:21 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Yes, it does. If you're looking at your action bar instead of the circles under your feet you're doing it wrong.
No, it doesn't.
I've cleared all content in this game and am working on HM TFB at the moment,so i must be terrible because I'm a clicker.

TwitchingFiber
01.25.2013 , 07:23 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by drfirewater View Post
You dont lose any aweness ... that is idiotic to think that. A good player has aweness of everything he does regardless of keybind or clicking. And Shift-ALT is much more motion intensive then clicking ... you actually go SLOWER using Shift ALT then you do clicking.

again if your rotation includes more then 1-6 then your doing something horribly wrong. only class that dps rotation has more then 6 keys is MAYBE marauder or jug. Everything else is easily 6 keys only
lol you use your pinky for shift. It's right next to it, how in the world do you go slow like that? Using alt....your thumb is already on the spacebar, it's right next to it also. If you lose time using that, stay with clicking.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

AsheraII
01.25.2013 , 07:23 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthharrington View Post
The reason there are so many 'clickers' on SWTOR is Bioware has managed to alienate the hardcore crowd pretty much with slow content release, terrible class balance and generally just making one bad decision after another... people who insist on keybinding, etc are the hardcore players (like myself) but we are a rare and dying breed in this game. My guild is really struggling for instance to replace players who left because there aren't players on the server who are 'hardcore' material.

And just to add fuel to the fire people clicking generally will do less dps, on my gunslinger if I click moves instead of using keybinds I do 300-400 less dps in dirty fighting spec.
Soooo you're basically saying you can't hit the right icon within 1.5 seconds?
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Josewales
01.25.2013 , 07:25 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
So..... clickers aren't hardcore players? Is that what you're saying here?
Hardcores who dont click would make great receptionists! I would hire one them come with pretty:P

Durban_Monkey
01.25.2013 , 07:25 AM | #36
Real Gamers use a Naga.

drfirewater
01.25.2013 , 07:25 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthharrington View Post
The reason there are so many 'clickers' on SWTOR is Bioware has managed to alienate the hardcore crowd pretty much with slow content release, terrible class balance and generally just making one bad decision after another... people who insist on keybinding, etc are the hardcore players (like myself) but we are a rare and dying breed in this game. My guild is really struggling for instance to replace players who left because there aren't players on the server who are 'hardcore' material.

And just to add fuel to the fire people clicking generally will do less dps, on my gunslinger if I click moves instead of using keybinds I do 300-400 less dps in dirty fighting spec.
That is BS i am a very hardcore player ... I raid 1-2 times a day EVERY DAY ... i pvp in my off time ....I click and maintain between 1750-2000 dps on my sniper and merc and 1700-1800 on my sorc (got that nerf to sorcs suck that is why i pretty much only heal on her now). I have never been a KEYBINDER or a full time clicker.

as i said 1-6 if your using more then that your binding useless things that shouldnt be in your rotation anyway. everything else is easily clicked with a 1 second queue through channeling. If your gonna blast people for clicking at least know what the hell your talking about.

Its all about TIMING and AWARENESS .... and both are EASY to do with either ... the best players DO BOTH CLICKING AND KEYBINDING and dont rely on just one or the other method for quickest responses.
SITH HAPPENS
[])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████FYI ..I hate WoW... because its gameplay sucks... no other reason.

drfirewater
01.25.2013 , 07:27 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchingFiber View Post
lol you use your pinky for shift. It's right next to it, how in the world do you go slow like that? Using alt....your thumb is already on the spacebar, it's right next to it also. If you lose time using that, stay with clicking.
then your taking your fingers off your movement keys and squishing your hand for no reason. As i said its much harder to do that then just clickign the power and if you need mroe then 1-6 your not top end dps anyway so click or bind all you want your still not leet like your acting.
SITH HAPPENS
[])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████FYI ..I hate WoW... because its gameplay sucks... no other reason.

Ooloi
01.25.2013 , 07:27 AM | #39
Keybinding is a consequence of using mouse movement. Mouse movement is more efficient and particularly for melee in pvp provides a serious advantage over keyboard turning.

If you are using mouse movement, then you can continuously move around people who are trying to keyboard turn and click while you are spamming some number of keybinds, getting behind them.

Some people don't realize that while in PvE if you run behind something and then click it will still allow you to attack the creature without turning to face them, but in PvP you must be facing them. Anyone who can move out of the angle of your range of attack and keep moving can hit you constantly while you're trying to adjust and even 1-3 global cooldowns can mean you're dead and they're not.

Step one is to stop using left and right turns and only use left and right strafe. Step two is to not use the back-up key for movement in pvp. Step 3 is to starting using the mouse to move forward (you can click both right and left buttons simultaneously to move foward. Step 4 is to keybind some essential melee skills to keys that you can easily hit while you are moving around them.

The idea of starting a new character and learning to run around someone in a tight circle while hitting even a few basic keybound keys is a good one. How much you keybind after that is up to an individual's skill and reflexes.

I click, mostly, always have. In PvE it doesn't really matter in this game. In PvP, if you are melee it becomes essential when you are playing against so many people who do use mouse movement and keybinding, unless you just like to lose. I myself have a new character where I'm learning all this. My ranged characters in PvP have allowed me to be accepted amongst those of my peers who are better than I, but my melee post 50pvp toon is pretty awful and it impacts my dps and my ability to support my team.

Being open to new concepts and improvements in your play is a good thing. Sure, it's "just" a game, but it's fun to be competent, and allows most people to have a better time while they play.

Jholiday
01.25.2013 , 07:27 AM | #40
I'm both

I have 4 50's 3 of them are BIS PVP and PVE

I keybind 12 abilities on my Razor Naga
I keybind targeting + Consumables + Interrupts on my Razor Nostromo

I click CD's , Shields , Self Heals , Some CC's , some Aoe 's

Mainly I'm Keybound but there are a couple things I still like clicking.
You stack em up, I burn em down !