Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 07:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
Please please, nerf everyone.

We just need a basic attack button. That's it, just 1 skill, everyone is the same.

Please make all gear the same tier, given to everyone when they start.

Please start everyone at level 50.
Come back when you can post something more significant.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

NamikazeNaruto
01.25.2013 , 07:43 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
I was refering to the fact that it does a lot more damage than the other 2 tank specs, without sacrificing much. Stop going to extremes, it helps nothing.
Lol, if you're guarding someone in 23/1/17, you better hope they are a really good healer. If that person is getting focused, you are going to drop fast, trust me. Your survivability is a lot less than it would be in 31/0/10 or 22/17/2 or 27/0/14 with full tank gear on.

True, your damage is higher than other tanks, but 23/1/17 is more on the dps side than it is tank. Like I said, if you guard someone in that spec, chances are your hp is going to drop fast. All this while having less damage output than pure dps classes. This is pretty much the essence of 23/1/17. Jack of all trades, master of none. It is as the name suggests, hybrid. There is nothing wrong with it.

Smuglebunny
01.25.2013 , 07:45 AM | #23
You can't defend a class by saying another is more overpowered. It just doesn't work.
Yes you can. If specs and classes exsist that are stronger then by definition the weaker spec/class cant be OP.

Example:

I think Gunnery commandos are OP and need a nerf now. But wait, there are better stronger specs/classes. So Im wrong. Its not OP and they dont need a nerf. See how that works?

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 07:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Yes you can. If specs and classes exsist that are stronger then by definition the weaker spec/class cant be OP.

Example:

I think Gunnery commandos are OP and need a nerf now. But wait, there are better stronger specs/classes. So Im wrong. Its not OP and they dont need a nerf. See how that works?
That's like saying, it's ok that I stole that stuff, because that other guy stole more. So you're both in the wrong, you both get treated accordingly, in this case balancing. Why does everyone think a nerf is the complete destruction of the class. Nerfs come in minor variations as well.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Spieljunge
01.25.2013 , 07:50 AM | #25
hmmm

Nerf it now.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Exítium Sith-Assassin
Quote: Originally Posted by Clanner View Post
- Exitium darf sich ausschen: spielen ohne Lichtschwert und Sprint oder er darf sich net mehr tarnen

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 07:51 AM | #26
I see you missed the majority of the thread.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Halacs
01.25.2013 , 07:54 AM | #27
Well OP, I can tell by your tone that you are not interested in what others have to say about the spec. You are clearly to mad about it to be reasonable.

So I leave this thread with....I think you are dead wrong, and no Sin/Shadow is not my main.

The spec/class is fine.
Proper Dual spec please.
Free flying space combat
Cross server PVP, OP's, & FP's
Fix Ability Delay/misfire

Smuglebunny
01.25.2013 , 07:55 AM | #28
Except no one is stealing anything.

Classes are pitted against each other. 23/1/17 is NOT more powerfull than MANY classes and specs. Its on par. There are classes they would beat and classes that would beat them.

Its odd to say maras/sents, other assassins, snipers, and PTs are more powerful but that the hybrid assassin needs a nerf.

There are many classes with on par damage and survivability so it seems odd to single out assassins/shadows.

May we ask what class you are fighting them WITH? That you think they are OP?

Technohic
01.25.2013 , 07:57 AM | #29
Un-nerf the full darkness spec so it actually has the "tanky" feel again first. I think due to it's nature in the past of mitigating damage by the small amount of healing it had, made it one of the few that felt tanky in PvP due to armor/shield mitigation not being that great and that being what the other tanks rely on more.

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 07:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Halacs View Post
Well OP, I can tell by your tone that you are not interested in what others have to say about the spec. You are clearly to mad about it to be reasonable.

So I leave this thread with....I think you are dead wrong, and no Sin/Shadow is not my main.

The spec/class is fine.
Of course I am, or I would not have made the thread. If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't bother replying.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player