Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

Kajuana
01.30.2013 , 03:45 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Yes they really suck in PVP. What are you doing in anything that seems like 1.5s that is going to take away 18k of my HP? I must have missed that ability. Also pretty much any DPS will blow a hole in your team if they're left alone. Snipers still do it better since it's not enough to notice a sniper is there. You also have to actually get to him.
Sticky grenade (3~4K) > Grav Round (3~4K) > Demolition Round (4~5K) > High Impact Bolt (4~5K)
When timed well, the delay of sticky grenade, grav round and demolition round go off together.
You follow up with the HIB. To the person who takes the damage, it seems like 1 GCD.
This is similar to old Project + Force Breach on Shadows, but to a greater extent.

To be honest, I see snipers and commandos on par from range.
Both get shutdown in melee range as well, so I don't see the difference.
As Sentinel/Shadow/Scoundrel, I have no problem with snipers and usually kill them faster than commandos unless they managed to put an orbital strike on themselves (which I can ignore as Shadow).
As Commando, I don't really seem to lose to snipers, but then again I rarely get into range to be facing off with snipers either.

-Assassins would like to have a word with you on who caps nodes better
They are on par. Tranquilizer dart + Flashbang versus Mind Maze + insta-Force Lift.
I do feel more comfortable with 1v1 fights on my Shadow due to resilience, but I don't lose much on my scoundrel either.

-Infiltration Hybrids can stun a healer for 4s every 15
Low slash is not a stun. The split second you and your teammates hit, the healer is active again.

-Who in Star Wars was even known for stealth?
The Fallanassi use Force Immersion to achieve invisibility. Have a look! (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fallanassi)
Imperial operatives in the game use invisibility generators I suppose.

Horrible DPS after 10s? LOL If anything, depending on exactly which flavor of Tank shadow hybrid we're talking about, their DPS is back loaded. Squishy is also a relative term.
Tank Shadow Hybrid usually refers to 23/1/17.
In DPS gear, they are as squishy as sentinels with only force/tech based Guarded by the Force.

27/1/13 or 28/0/13 lose out on insta-force lift, which make them much weaker cappers.
They do have better sustained DPS but pebble throwing can be stopped too easily.
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO