Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
01.26.2013 , 10:31 AM | #111
Let me guess...you went 1v1 against a Shadow and couldn't beat him so now the class needs another nerf. Sounds logical.

You probably also play a Maruader/Sentinel and thought that you could stomp anyone in pvp in 2-3 GCD's and when you couldn't decided it was nerf time.

I've got an idea! No more nerfs. How about we just start buffing classes to be more balanced. When you nerf a class in this game, it also affects gameplay in pve, not just pvp and that causes way too many issues. I don't want to see Smash or bubble stun nerfed either. I want to see buffs across classes that counteract those abilities. I'm not even rage specced on my Mara, right now I'm specced into Carnage. My Sorc is full Corruption tree right now so I've never used bubble stun tho I've had it used on me. I just don't see the point of nerfing anymore because a few people come on here to QQ cause they couldn't 1v1 or 1v2 people like they think they should.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
01.26.2013 , 10:33 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Got hit for 4612 by Maul today, from a tanksin.

It's all fine and balanced.
Is that it??? Only 4612?? I've been hit by 6k and more sweeps/smash by people I wasn't even fighting.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

DweezillKagemand's Avatar


DweezillKagemand
01.26.2013 , 10:43 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Let me guess...you went 1v1 against a Shadow and couldn't beat him so now the class needs another nerf. Sounds logical.

You probably also play a Maruader/Sentinel and thought that you could stomp anyone in pvp in 2-3 GCD's and when you couldn't decided it was nerf time.

I've got an idea! No more nerfs. How about we just start buffing classes to be more balanced. When you nerf a class in this game, it also affects gameplay in pve, not just pvp and that causes way too many issues. I don't want to see Smash or bubble stun nerfed either. I want to see buffs across classes that counteract those abilities. I'm not even rage specced on my Mara, right now I'm specced into Carnage. My Sorc is full Corruption tree right now so I've never used bubble stun tho I've had it used on me. I just don't see the point of nerfing anymore because a few people come on here to QQ cause they couldn't 1v1 or 1v2 people like they think they should.
I don't care about 1vs1. Stop bringing it into this.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

DweezillKagemand's Avatar


DweezillKagemand
01.26.2013 , 10:43 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Is that it??? Only 4612?? I've been hit by 6k and more sweeps/smash by people I wasn't even fighting.
Were they in tank stance?

Yeah, thought not.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Herem's Avatar


Herem
01.26.2013 , 11:18 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Were they in tank stance?

Yeah, thought not.
Hate to break it to you, but with Duplicity up, I see a number of my Maul crits at 4K and over while in Dark Charge.

Smuglebunny's Avatar


Smuglebunny
01.26.2013 , 11:20 AM | #116
So hybrid tank assassins are bad. 1v1 is not important and they hit u for too much damage while doing lots of other stuff too? lol.

Through the whole thread you just seem to have a problem with the class and have no real argument other than that they do too much damage for a tank or that you cant tell what spec they are by looking or that they have alot of utility.
But there are MANY other classes who have MORE survivability and MORE damage. Like Sent/Maras and Sniper/GS's.( who also have alot of utility by the way).

So why shadows/assassins? Seems like a personal thing.

Also my maul usualy hits for between 2k and 6k with the exploit weakness proc. But I am hybrid Dps specced. Not dark charge. When I was a 23/1/17 hybrid I didnt feel I was doing much damage and I didnt feel I had THAT much survivability to I switched to 0/27/14.

If you said the 0/27/14 hybrid was OP I might agree. But 23/1/17 is a starter spec for undergeared players and I just dont think its all that fearsome. Its a utility spec.

Are Shadows and assassins kinda Op in general..maybe if played well. But not 23/1/17.

DweezillKagemand's Avatar


DweezillKagemand
01.26.2013 , 11:24 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Herem View Post
Hate to break it to you, but with Duplicity up, I see a number of my Maul crits at 4K and over while in Dark Charge.
Yeah, I was refering to Smash.

Remind me again why Duplicity is in the first tier?
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Herem's Avatar


Herem
01.26.2013 , 11:34 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Yeah, I was refering to Smash.
Well, considering that Smash is a Force attack, and you can build Shockwave charges in Soresu Form, it seems to me that there's only a 3% (or 9%, with Single Saber Mastery) difference in damage between a tank-form Smash and a Shii-Cho Smash.

Zataos's Avatar


Zataos
01.26.2013 , 11:44 AM | #119
The were already nerfed a while ago and brought into line, they are fine, Rage (Both) and Pyro (Power Tech) are really the only two trees/specs that need adjusting down atm, Arsenal Mercs could use a boost, and the bubble stun skill itself needs to be toned down.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

DweezillKagemand's Avatar


DweezillKagemand
01.26.2013 , 11:52 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Herem View Post
Well, considering that Smash is a Force attack, and you can build Shockwave charges in Soresu Form, it seems to me that there's only a 3% (or 9%, with Single Saber Mastery) difference in damage between a tank-form Smash and a Shii-Cho Smash.
Wrong, 30% armor penetration and the cooldown reduce on smash when using assaults or force scream only works when in Shii-cho.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player