Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recommended gear?

TheMightyGarth
01.25.2013 , 01:51 AM | #1
Hi, so I've recently leveled a Vanguard tank and am wondering what gear level or gear in general is recommended for doing different levels of operations and HM Lost Island. I currently most of my gear is Columi and I am not sure if this is high enough, or good enough to take on many instances. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Dekart lvl 50 operative healer Garthington 50 Jugg Tank

xGBox
01.25.2013 , 01:56 AM | #2
With Columi gear, you can do all HM flashpoints, along with:

HM Eternity Vault
HM Karagga's Palace
SM Explosive Conflict
SM Terror From Beyond

All the listed operations drop Rakata gear with the last two dropping some Black Hole gear. Obviously, no part of the game should require you to have the gear it drops from it to be able to beat it, so you should be fine. Keep in mind that SM EC and SM TFB require a bit more competency from the ops group.
Sincerely,
Gearbox
The Software Legacy

PKS_EdRich
01.25.2013 , 05:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xGBox View Post
With Columi gear, you can do all HM flashpoints, along with:

HM Eternity Vault
HM Karagga's Palace
SM Explosive Conflict
SM Terror From Beyond

All the listed operations drop Rakata gear with the last two dropping some Black Hole gear. Obviously, no part of the game should require you to have the gear it drops from it to be able to beat it, so you should be fine. Keep in mind that SM EC and SM TFB require a bit more competency from the ops group.
I'm now a lvl 45 Sentinel, and I'm trying to discover how I can get the best gear in PvE. I'm searching the net, but the ammount of info is quite overwhelming. Someone got tips for a soon to be 'fresh 50'?

Qvasar
01.25.2013 , 06:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PKS_EdRich View Post
I'm now a lvl 45 Sentinel, and I'm trying to discover how I can get the best gear in PvE. I'm searching the net, but the ammount of info is quite overwhelming. Someone got tips for a soon to be 'fresh 50'?
If you are serious about getting BiS gear:
  1. Join a guild that does operations (especially high-tier) on a regular basis;
  2. Use the full Tionese set you get when you hit 50 to run dailies, flashpoints, and EV/KP story to get Columi gear (using group finder);
  3. Use the Daily Commendations you get for Dread Guard Relics;
  4. Use the Black Hole commendations you get to buy Black Hole gear upgrades (starting with earpiece and implants);
  5. Once you get the full Columi set start doing EV/KP hard mode and EC/TfB story mode to get Rakata gear;
  6. Once you get the full Rakata set (and probably some black hole aswell) start doing EC HM to get the rest of the Black Hole/Campaign gear;
  7. Once you have the full Black Hole/Campaign set take a look at the Dread Guard set. You fill find that some items have Mods with high main stat (e.g. Advanced Deft Mod 27A) and some have Enhancements with high endurance. You shouldn't be using these so find a crafter/search GTN for replacements for those and equip them in the gear you already have.
  8. Start doing TfB HM and EC NiM to get the Dread Guard set and upgrade your current gear.

PKS_EdRich
01.25.2013 , 06:13 AM | #5
So, you're saying I should quit my job, divorce my wife, say farewell to all my social contacts in real life and spent the rest of the year on swtor?

If you could recommend a guild, who want to train a noob like myself, much obliged.

I find it quite hard to find groups to do heroics with, so is there a way to do much solo questing and receiving the gear as well?

Thanks for your patience answering my noob questions.

Gyronamics
01.25.2013 , 06:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PKS_EdRich View Post
So, you're saying I should quit my job, divorce my wife, say farewell to all my social contacts in real life and spent the rest of the year on swtor?

If you could recommend a guild, who want to train a noob like myself, much obliged.

I find it quite hard to find groups to do heroics with, so is there a way to do much solo questing and receiving the gear as well?

Thanks for your patience answering my noob questions.
Playing solo you can use groupfinder and do weekly daily missions for bh comms which you can save up and buy bh gear.

Or more specifically, black hole gear which you then take the mods from and put into your tionese armour shells so you have the set bonus. (bh has no set bonus).

You cannot solo much of a weapon upgrade so you'll have to save up and buy your mainhand mods from the gtn.

Hazmat implants will cost you 350 black hole comms each. Or again, find them on the gtn and expect to pay a lot.

It will require vast amounts of credit and comms farming but you can get full 63 gear solo.

The one part which will be epically hard to get no matter how much money or comms you have is a hazmat earpiece since they are dropped in operations with fixed stats and it's a big ask for people to RE them to risk learning a schem when it's random enough to get a suitable one at all.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

PKS_EdRich
01.25.2013 , 06:33 AM | #7
There are so many guides out there, that a new player can easily lose perspective. Gear grinding is time consuming and also credits consuming. I have a couple of toons with high level artifice, slicing, synthweaving, underworld metal and treasure hunting so, I hope to craft items some day....

Thanks for the advise.