Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Quitters debuff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Quitters debuff

LarryRow
01.25.2013 , 08:58 AM | #11
I'll post my highly original thoughts on this issue in just a sec, but first I need to make some brand new threads:
Smash is OP
Nerf Operatives
Bubble sux
Premades are RUINING warzones!
Commandos are lousy!
Nerf Operatives
Resolve is Broken - stunlocked til death!!!
Nerf Operatives MOAR

Be back soon.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Never_Hesitate
01.25.2013 , 09:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I'll post my highly original thoughts on this issue in just a sec, but first I need to make some brand new threads:
Smash is OP
Nerf Operatives
Bubble sux
Premades are RUINING warzones!
Commandos are lousy!
Nerf Operatives
Resolve is Broken - stunlocked til death!!!
Nerf Operatives MOAR

Be back soon.
You forgot:
Nerf Assas
And Snipers
And PT's
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

LogicalPremise
01.25.2013 , 09:05 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathreins View Post
Has anyone considered implimenting a debuff for all those that quit a wz just because they can't 'face-roll' the oppponent? What is opinion about this? My opinion is that there should be a debuff set in place for those that leave once the WZ commences. A debuff that will not allow another queue for that player for a WZ for 15 minutes (to start) and gradually increasing at 15 minute increments for each and every time they quit another one. The reset timer for this type of debuff should be weekly, at the reset of the pvp weekly quest. Maybe even, perhaps, look at applying this debuff account wide so as to that quitter just doesn't have the mindset of just logging and pvp'ing on another toon. Just an idea.
Yes, we've all been there. WZ's where your team just is getting destroyed because of out-geared, out-played, out-matched or they just really do suck. Deal with it and move on after it is over. Why quit? You're still going to get your coms. Now, understand, I'm not pointing at noone in particular, I see it on both sides so it's not a faction only thing that happens. And yes, noone likes to lose much less get destroyed but, come on, play the game. It's annoying to all when you have those that are willing to stick it out (I'm one of those that do stay) and see you're team members quit on you. An example, earlier this evening, I was in a Voidstar (joined after many had left). We lost. When all was said and done, the recap showed Pubs, 8 members, Imps, 29 members. Really? Too many quitters looking for free handouts IMO.
There's simply no reward. If this is implemented, then quite literally, there's no reason for me to ever, ever solo queue. Premades would be even more prevelant, and people without a guild or who's guilds don't PvP would be destroyed and farmed like cabbage.

I have never , ever understood the logic behind a quitter debuff. I rarely, if ever, quit WZ. That being said, I am not going to bother playing with people who cause us to lose by ignoring instructions or who continue to queue for PVP in completely inappropriate gear (there is no excuse for 0 EXP in WZ).

All that adding a quitter debuff will do is encourage people to sit on defense and collect medals. That does not make for better PvP.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

DCVAN
01.25.2013 , 09:24 AM | #14
Couldn't the debuff be tied to the leave warzone button. That way you will only get the debuff after intentionally leaving the warzone. You wouldn't get the debuff for crashing. I was leveling my jugg yesterday and there was a level 10 who got frustrated and left the game because there were no high level players on our team. I guess he just keeps quitting games until he finds a team that can carry him. Attitudes like that get to me sometimes. Our team of level 15's -20's barely lost that game and it was quite exciting.

LarryRow
01.25.2013 , 10:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DCVAN View Post
Couldn't the debuff be tied to the leave warzone button. That way you will only get the debuff after intentionally leaving the warzone. You wouldn't get the debuff for crashing. I was leveling my jugg yesterday and there was a level 10 who got frustrated and left the game because there were no high level players on our team. I guess he just keeps quitting games until he finds a team that can carry him. Attitudes like that get to me sometimes. Our team of level 15's -20's barely lost that game and it was quite exciting.
Guys, look! Isn't it adorable? It's DCVAN's first warzone quitter debuff thread. Awwww.

The answer to your question is that people would just yank their ethernet cord or whatever to get out of the match without pressing the button.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Hexdoll
01.25.2013 , 10:29 AM | #16
would it not be simpler to fix what makes most people quit WZ? that way people still queue for pvp and no 40 min wait times.

TonyDragonflame
01.25.2013 , 11:00 AM | #17
If mates quit wz, must be a reason. Find and heal reason, and problem will be fixed.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

DCVAN
01.25.2013 , 11:47 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Guys, look! Isn't it adorable? It's DCVAN's first warzone quitter debuff thread. Awwww.

The answer to your question is that people would just yank their ethernet cord or whatever to get out of the match without pressing the button.
Yeah I usually dont participate in these forums much. Mostly because they are so negative, but I was extra bored at work today. Anyways, thank you for answering my question. I guess I didn't think it all of the way through.

Kyanzes
01.25.2013 , 02:07 PM | #19
No, I want to be able to leave WZs I don't like. E.g., Hutt Ball. You could say that one could be free from the debuff if leaving before the match begins but what about when you get drawn into a Hutt Ball that is on-going? I want to be able to leave cause I don't like Hutt Ball. Not one bit.

Surely I shouldn't be punished for leaving a WZ that I don't play?

Also, isn't the team better off when someone who hates the match (or any WZ) leaves? You have a chance that someone else comes who wants to achieve. If you have the debuff then people who hate the WZ (for whatever reason, be it general hate for the WZ or simply for the current state of the game) will stay but put no effort into winning?

It's always better if someone else comes who actually wants to win. One thing is sure: the one leaving (or wanting to leave) surely won't contribute any longer whether there's a debuff or not.

Neoforcer
01.25.2013 , 02:19 PM | #20
My prediction of what will happen if debuff are put into a wz for quitters people will still leave the warzone at the same rate. We will just see more pre-mades so the hardcore pvper of this game don't have to deal with leeeeeeroy jenkins the pvp QQer. Which will cause more QQ over pre-mades. NO offense to the OP just stating what would happen there would be more QQing then there would be warzones OP if that happend.