Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard DPS for assault PVE spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vanguard DPS for assault PVE spec

OlosBC
02.12.2013 , 01:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
It is a dps loss in pve. It is better in pvp, because it provides more burst. In pvp, it is better to have short-term burst than sustained damage, because it is more difficult to heal. In pve, sustained damage is better. Whatever gives you more damage over a course of 6 min is generally better. There are times in which burst is necessary, but the burst phases are long enough to make short-term burst obsolete to high amounts of constant damage. Most who run without assault plastique run an 8/6/27 build. There are variants such as 7/6/28 that provide basically the same amount of damage.
Yeah, 8/6/27, 7/6/28, 8/5/28, all about the same, 8/5/28 is probably the worst. I'm currently in 8/6/27, but I do so like burnout.

For pvp though, you want to run 7/3/31 or 4/6/31 usually. AP's damage is actually delayed by 3 seconds, so if you go AP->SS(or IP)->HiB, the AP and HiB land at the same time, which can be very hard to heal through.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

LorneG
03.04.2013 , 11:24 PM | #12
Update

This spec rocks dps charts in PVP

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMZfhrbdhhM.2

Can't wait till 2.0 and have our explosive surge pop plasma cell proc, going to be OP, I can just see it.