Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nothing going to be done about the hackers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Nothing going to be done about the hackers?

BobaTheElite
01.24.2013 , 06:26 PM | #1
Starting to wonder why they don't change their log in message to "We're aware of hackers/cheaters and we plan to do nothing about it"

So some would say the fact that they know that cheating is a huge problem is a start, but look at this scenario.

I start off a warzone in huttball a fellow player says hey let's use the predation marauder buff, so yeah that sounds like a good idea so we leave the gate I drop the buff and everyone takes off running as well as some of the sorc's using their speed boost.

Wha??? To my surprise not only did the other team get to the ball, but were almost as close to the goal as we were to the middle,. So unless someone can explain a speed buff that gives your party double the speed of predation I'd say it's obvious we got a group of cheats. So I say whatever, I'll just report these guys...Wait.. How will I do that? The only options on a name plate is to report spam, harassment, even suicide? Are they suggesting that people make suicidal threats than hack? No not one option to report for cheating. They expect to crack down on cheating, but make it unbearable to report players? Really? Am I suppose to sit for 5-10minutes in a WZ watching them cheat so I can get the list of names at the end to submit a ticket that will just be deleted anyway?

If you really care about cheaters and don't want the game to go down in flames faster and faster as every hack ridden game does, maybe you should focus a bit on making it easier for players to report names and submit videos of the offense? Maybe even better(or any) anti-hacking in the game? Which both of those things should have been implemented pre-launch.

I'm sure this post will get removed for violating some terms of conditions regarding "You can't point out the negate truth" But if it doesn't or people get a chance to read it first I'd like to hear what others think would help this situation or even maybe idea's on how to catch the hackers.

For now, even though I mostly play mmos for PvP I'll try more PvE, but it's not a good last hope for a pvper as myself.
-Drizit: The Most Devious Killer in the Galaxy.

Chlomamf
01.24.2013 , 06:32 PM | #2
I thought submitting a ticket in-game would let you report people?

cashogy_reborn
01.24.2013 , 06:36 PM | #3
im willing to bet a cookie that the opposing team had a carnage mara. they are able to spec into a 30% increase to Predation's speed boost. thus, no hacking took place
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DeepFreese
01.24.2013 , 07:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
im willing to bet a cookie that the opposing team had a carnage mara. they are able to spec into a 30% increase to Predation's speed boost. thus, no hacking took place
It has been brought to my attention that you are using logic and reason about hacking. I have reported you for this, and also some sort of hacking I will come up with.
Creus
Robbs(Sniper) Robs(Assassin) Croozz(Jugg) Harata(Guardian) Se'an(Powertech) and Se-an(Marauder)
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

BobaTheElite
01.24.2013 , 07:36 PM | #5
You mean specked like I am? And if you read the post you would have seen that I'm aware that you can report by ticket. But, why make it that hard when you already have 5 different report options on the portrait?

Not to mention I know I'm not the only one who has tickets just closed with no response.

Besides it was far greater than 30% and it was only like 3-4 of them that rushed passed that fast, meaning even if there was a insane buff that let you cross the field that fast (which would be a whole different issue) wouldn't it effect the rest of the group that was running that way?

Chlomamf
01.24.2013 , 07:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaTheElite View Post
You mean specked like I am? And if you read the post you would have seen that I'm aware that you can report by ticket. But, why make it that hard when you already have 5 different report options on the portrait?

Not to mention I know I'm not the only one who has tickets just closed with no response.

Besides it was far greater than 30% and it was only like 3-4 of them that rushed passed that fast, meaning even if there was a insane buff that let you cross the field that fast (which would be a whole different issue) wouldn't it effect the rest of the group that was running that way?
The tickets aren't closed. It is a bug where it appears the ticket is closed, but in reality it isn't.

Note that this information is from my memory so please do not flametroll me if I am wrong.

cashogy_reborn
01.24.2013 , 07:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaTheElite View Post

you have a massive lack of factual evidence in claiming this is hacking. if your ticket looked anything like these posts, that may be why it was closed without response.

try answering these questions for us:

- what classes were the players that had the speed boost?
- how long did the speed boost last for?
- did it occur multiple times in the warzone?
- was the speed boosts very short term, or were they sustained for extra long periods of time?

start with that. give us as much information as you can regarding the events that took place throughout the warzone.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

BobaTheElite
02.14.2013 , 12:43 PM | #8
you have a massive lack of factual evidence in claiming this is hacking. if your ticket looked anything like these posts, that may be why it was closed without response.

try answering these questions for us:

- what classes were the players that had the speed boost?
- how long did the speed boost last for?
- did it occur multiple times in the warzone?
- was the speed boosts very short term, or were they sustained for extra long periods of time?

start with that. give us as much information as you can regarding the events that took place throughout the warzone.
If you read what I've posted twice you wouldn't need to ask what classes, the mara group speed buff turns the characters red for one, and secondly no class, nothing will allow a team to go from one end of the map to the other in a few seconds.

If you don't think there are tons of hackers download a cheat client and use it. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll never get banned.

Vin_of_Vinheim
02.14.2013 , 03:13 PM | #9
I had to report hackers two days ago and agree, the options for reporting cheating stink. You have to make a ticket and even then when you select what you are reporting them for, the options are ambiguous at best. It should be a little more user friendly and clear.

Btw, it was a mara and a op using a speed hack in a lowbie game of AH. It was not an ability (like sneak, slip away, or predation) as I marked and observed them moving like this throughout the entire length of the match, they moved at least ten times faster than those abilities or even force speed will make your character go. They were able to move from one end of the map to the other in a matter of seconds. Their movement was somewhat similar to the way that one red headed hacker guy was moving in the proof of hacking video that was posted on these forums a few weeks back. So they got reported and I hope everyone else in that match did the same. I switched factions and friended them both after the match to maybe gleam if BW did anything to them or not. It was the first blatant hack I have witnessed and first I have reported. I usually chalk up other strange WZ occurrences to lag or abilities, but this was obvious.

I really hope this doesnt become common and BW is able to do something about it.

Caeliux
02.14.2013 , 03:28 PM | #10
Hacking is going on, denial of that fact makes you suspicious or blind.

Bioware has so much on the plate at moment when it comes to this game, separating the actual hackers with bugs and glitches seems endless to me.

Do I believe every accusation of hacking is true, no, but its still going on and there is people that understand this game and has seen suspicious activity.