Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)

Monoth
01.24.2013 , 05:52 PM | #11
Seriously? your worried about science inaccuracies?!? ALL Sci-Fi Movies have inaccuracies, who cares, except the .01% hard core nerd population who will complain about anything...

The rebooted Star Trek Movie was IMO the best Star Trek movie made, with maybe the exception of Wrath of Khan... The rest of the star trek franchises while entertaining was one big cheese ball fest.

I'm glad Abrams is the Director, means there might be hope that the movie will actually be good... The only movie that was decent was Empire Strikes Back, the rest of the movies were cheesy at best...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Genuine
01.24.2013 , 06:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Seriously? your worried about science inaccuracies?!? ALL Sci-Fi Movies have inaccuracies, who cares, except the .01% hard core nerd population who will complain about anything...

The rebooted Star Trek Movie was IMO the best Star Trek movie made, with maybe the exception of Wrath of Khan... The rest of the star trek franchises while entertaining was one big cheese ball fest.

I'm glad Abrams is the Director, means there might be hope that the movie will actually be good... The only movie that was decent was Empire Strikes Back, the rest of the movies were cheesy at best...
the cheese ball fest was what made it fun to watch for me but ye some hard core fans will complain about anything, they would have found fault in GL doing them so you can't win the hearts and minds of everyone with a franchise as big as star wars
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

LukeSaberRattler
01.24.2013 , 06:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post

I agree that Abrams can make a good action movie which is more of what Star Wars is at least to me anyway. I am not saying science failures make the movies horrible I still enjoyed the new Star Trek but those moments still make me cringe when they happen. And Undiscovered Country was better than reboot.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

Chorgfrow
01.24.2013 , 07:03 PM | #14
Hopefully he'll avoid using time travel as a plot device like he did with Lost and the reboot. If he can manage that, I think we'll get a great new movie.

VicSkimmr
01.24.2013 , 07:09 PM | #15
OMG YAY. This plus Arndt scripting it... I have complete confidence this will be amazing.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

veyl
01.24.2013 , 07:18 PM | #16

Admaxster
01.24.2013 , 07:48 PM | #17
I can't stand J.J. Abrams as a director, and personally think this is a horrible choice. I have never liked a single one of his movies or T.V. shows, IMO he seems to use odd cinematics to distract from the fact that he can't direct, much like Michael Bay uses huge explosions for the same purpose. As to the fact that he is a huge Star Wars fan....so what, so am I, does that mean I could direct a Star Wars movie? I think not.
Dirty deeds done...for a lot of credits!

orpheus
01.24.2013 , 07:52 PM | #18
should be Tarantino

TalonVII
01.24.2013 , 07:53 PM | #19
Well been confirmed, JJ will do the next star wars, hell even been shown on every major news. Hell if world news tonight was calling it and Diane Saywer was sayin it, and they got some good fact checkers, probably true.

So get set kids, JJ Abhrams is going to do Star Wars 7. Hey i look at it this way, can't be ANY worse than Phantom Menace.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Wolfninjajedi
01.24.2013 , 08:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Well been confirmed, JJ will do the next star wars, hell even been shown on every major news. Hell if world news tonight was calling it and Diane Saywer was sayin it, and they got some good fact checkers, probably true.

So get set kids, JJ Abhrams is going to do Star Wars 7. Hey i look at it this way, can't be ANY worse than Phantom Menace.
Subjective entertainment is.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.