Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film (Exclusive)

Lord_Karsk
01.24.2013 , 04:18 PM | #1

LukeSaberRattler
01.24.2013 , 04:21 PM | #2
I don't know for sure if it is going to be that great but JJ can make a good action movie. However the science in his movies so far hasn't been great. Look at the new Star Trek great action scenes and setups but the science in that movie was god awful. I mean everyone knows you can watch a planet get sucked into a black hole from another planet not even in the same solar system.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 60 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 60 Shadow -- Beskha lvl 57 Mercenary
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/Rm3kpG

OldVengeance
01.24.2013 , 04:30 PM | #3
Oh no...

It wasn't just the science in the Star Trek film that was terrible. The plot itself was also awful, and half the time seemed there to contrive weak excuses to have action scenes.

Wolfninjajedi
01.24.2013 , 04:30 PM | #4
You need to be a director first and a fan second when it comes to making a movie from a huge franchise. I just hope Abrams fan side, won't overshadow his director side.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Canino
01.24.2013 , 04:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
I don't know for sure if it is going to be that great but JJ can make a good action movie. However the science in his movies so far hasn't been great. Look at the new Star Trek great action scenes and setups but the science in that movie was god awful. I mean everyone knows you can watch a planet get sucked into a black hole from another planet not even in the same solar system.
Yeah, like how you can't actually see lasers in flight or dodge them, and hear anything in space. Or how crowded asteroid fields are, or how a beam of light has a set amount and is able to cut anything.... Great science. If you want science stay AWAY from Star Wars.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

jarjarloves
01.24.2013 , 04:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Oh no...

It wasn't just the science in the Star Trek film that was terrible. The plot itself was also awful, and half the time seemed there to contrive weak excuses to have action scenes.
1. Abrams won't be writing this film only directing it.
2. he is really good at directing action so thats a plus
3. For Star Trek he refused to use CGI sets he would only use real world sets. Lets hope he does this as well.

LukeSaberRattler
01.24.2013 , 04:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Yeah, like how you can't actually see lasers in flight or dodge them, and hear anything in space. Or how crowded asteroid fields are, or how a beam of light has a set amount and is able to cut anything.... Great science. If you want science stay AWAY from Star Wars.
Did someone put something in your oatmeal this morning? At any rate in something like Star Wars there are scifi elements that have to be made up you know like lightsabers and lazer blasters. Then there are science elements like no oxygen in space or planets in other solar systems can't be seen with the naked eye like they are as close as the moon.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 60 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 60 Shadow -- Beskha lvl 57 Mercenary
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/Rm3kpG

badlydrawnroy
01.24.2013 , 04:42 PM | #8
Until Abrams or a spokesperson for Abrams actually confirms this, all you have is a (usually reliable, admittedly) third party website, quoting an unnamed source. AND he's already denied it once before.

It could still be true, but remember it's not official yet, it could be another Zack Snyder moment.

iamthehoyden
01.24.2013 , 04:46 PM | #9
They have the writer named in there too: Michael Arndt Has writing credits on Little Miss Sunshine, Brave, Toy Story 3, and Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Lord_Karsk
01.24.2013 , 05:09 PM | #10
George Lucas son.

Jett Lucas Jett Lucas ‏@mrjettlucas

Quote:
J J Abrams will do wonders!