Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

Dyvid
01.25.2013 , 01:38 AM | #21
Am I the only one who thinks items, excluding market packs, bought from the Cartel Market should be Legacy bound; meaning you can't sell them on the Auction House? Basically player are trading cash for credits. Just noticed the pod racer mount is going for 6 million credits or in other words, $18 for 6 million credits.

It's a poor business model for BW because people are just going to buy from the AH rather than the real money
It's a poor deal for player because if it was bound to Legacy then player could "redownload" the item to what ever character they want.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the mystery of darkness In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

dermitni
01.25.2013 , 01:59 AM | #22
Hmmm... Technically (and legally) speaking, it is the player (=account) that's buying the stuff, so yes, everything from Cartel Market should be "Bound to Legacy". And I also think, it would be a good idea to make CC items unsellable on GTN but sellable at vendors.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

paul_preib
01.25.2013 , 02:26 AM | #23
what I always hoped for was an item that instead of making anything legacy bound, would convert any item to become adaptive. Given that I can already have a powertech in jedi robes or a consular in sand people armor you can't really argue the "people will run around with any goofy outfit they can think up" approach so I say go whole hog.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Asuka
01.25.2013 , 02:40 AM | #24
Cartel stuff won't be bound to legacy because it'll cost them profit. Why give you that mount for $15 when they can have you buy it 12 times and make $180? BoL gear hurts crafter economy if it's craftable.

Eggsalicious
01.26.2013 , 06:32 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Cartel stuff won't be bound to legacy because it'll cost them profit. Why give you that mount for $15 when they can have you buy it 12 times and make $180? BoL gear hurts crafter economy if it's craftable.
You assume the cartel market is their only one source of profit. It isn't. It's not even their main source of profit, although it does exist to promote their main source of profit (subscriptions).

I'm not sure what your point about mounts has to do with making armor B2L and adaptive.

Finally, several responses to your third point:

1. We already have legacy gear which people use for alts. This would simply increase the pool of available outfits, which could

2. Increase the demand for what few crafted items aren't hideous. I might even impel them to design nicer things.

3. Your premise that SWTOR has a robust crafting economy is false. Low aesthetic appeal and utility of what can be crafted was never that high, and with the exception of a few endgame items not much is being crafted anyway.

~Eggs

YeIIow
01.26.2013 , 06:40 AM | #26
/signed

something very similar was already sugested by me a wile back:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=578572
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Eggsalicious
01.28.2013 , 08:46 PM | #27
Bumpalicious!

~Eggs

Boyana
01.28.2013 , 08:48 PM | #28
I want this but not in CM. This should be in the game!

Edit: anyway

Eggsalicious
02.05.2013 , 04:13 AM | #29
Yeah, it should.

~Eggs

Asavar
02.05.2013 , 06:42 AM | #30
Yeah, sure. Way to encourage pay to win.