Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

DarthSylar
01.24.2013 , 03:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Moestuin View Post
People will start to press need on all gear drops because their alt needs it. I don't like the idea.
I don't agree. Levels 1-49, gear doesn't really matter, so you won't get any more people needing on alt gear, then you do companion gear. And once you hit 50, most op groups aren't random, most people group with guildmates to avoid this anyway.

Pscyon
01.24.2013 , 03:17 PM | #12
I like the idea, assuming said consumable had a reasonable price. Based on the current cartel market prices, I don't think it would be.
Sith Sorcerer

dermitni
01.24.2013 , 04:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
Levels 1-49, gear doesn't really matter
Of course it matters. Not everyone is fixated on the so-called endgame. Some of us enjoy leveling up alts more than they do doing those tedious daylies.

I also really like the idea of a "change to 'bound to Legacy'"-item. It would be great to finally make some use of the Legacy and pass down out-leveled but nice-looking stuff to lower-level alts.

So: /Signed

Cheers, Niko
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 05:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
I like the idea, assuming said consumable had a reasonable price.
I hope so too!

~Eggs

JimG
01.24.2013 , 05:25 PM | #15
Not going to happen. They don't want people to be able to continually re-use Cartel Market armor without having to buy an additional set.

Thornsbane
01.24.2013 , 06:39 PM | #16
It would just make the game to easy. You would have everything already from your main instead of having to ever earn anything.

Washingtoon
01.24.2013 , 06:47 PM | #17
Or add a legacy kit, similar to the augmentation kits, that allowed us to take the item to a mod table and Legacy-lize it. Charge, 50K.

Let crafters who can't make augmentation kits craft it.

Esno
01.24.2013 , 06:55 PM | #18
Personally i think that anything that is flagged as "Bound" should be bound to legacy eg gear, schematics looted mounts (as they are usually bind on pickup) as sometimes you already have that item on current toon bur may want it on different.

Already have several looted mounts/vanity pets in bank that bound to main on pickup that i have already used that cant do jack with em atm as want them on a different alt.

Also got cartel gear that i boughtand used but didnt colour match properly till i got to current look, but cant sell to gear to junk dealer and cant send to alt as it is bound, i wont just delete items as spent abit on them so atm im stuck with em in my bank as well.

So.... make Bound = Bound to Legacy
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

kirorx
01.24.2013 , 08:41 PM | #19
I suppose

I think that all cartel stuff should be bind ot legacay anyway. It like freaking 15 dollars for armor set for one toon. Total rip off, plus where is the hat for some of those sets.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 09:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
It would just make the game to easy. You would have everything already from your main instead of having to ever earn anything.
We can already transfer the mods/armorings/enhancements (which, by the way, I must have already earned in order to have).

This thread is about making armor B2L with an item from the Cartel Market.

~Eggs