Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friend unable to log into website - can log into game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Friend unable to log into website - can log into game?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Erynn
01.24.2013 , 07:05 AM | #1
For the last few days my husband started playing SWTOR. He enjoyed it. He wanted to get preferred player status, and we agreed he should get some cartel coins. So he attempted to log into the website.
He can't.
No matter how many variations he tries on his e-mail and password he cannot log into the website. He's logged into the game twice since then. Same information. I had him use one finger to type it out. He had me type out his password. Nothing. Then we logged into the game again just to check. Worked first time. It's very frustrating since we're attempting to buy product from you and your own website is preventing us from doing so. Is there something different about the website we should be aware of? He submitted a ticket last night. but when we got no confirmation e-mail that it had been received, I thought it best to come here.

Beesodd
01.24.2013 , 07:09 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks Erynn, that is odd alright. In case it's a caching issue, can you ask him to press Ctrl & F5 on the login page and then try again?

If this doesn't work, can you check that the issue persists when using a different browser?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 07:09 AM | #3
Have you tried a different web browser ? do not know which you are using, suggest deleting the cache and cookies first up but a different web browser will have the same effect.

Edit - Nija'd by Beesodd

ckoneful
01.24.2013 , 07:18 AM | #4
If his password is longer than something like 14 characters then you are unable to log into the site. I had a 19 character password that worked for the launcher, yet did not work on the site, and had to change it.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed

Erynn
01.24.2013 , 07:22 AM | #5
Thank-you for getting back to me so quickly (and the other suggestion) Unfortunately it did not help. He emptied the cookies and cache,, went to the login, it ctrl+f5, and nothing. He then went into IE and did the same thing.. unfortunately that still doesn't work. We're using Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.56 m). Should have mentioned that to begin with, I'm sorry.

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 07:25 AM | #6
can you confirm if it still exists after a password reset

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

is there any error or anything occuring after he enter his login details ?

Erynn
01.24.2013 , 07:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
If his password is longer than something like 14 characters then you are unable to log into the site. I had a 19 character password that worked for the launcher, yet did not work on the site, and had to change it.
You beautiful person you! That was indeed the problem. Password change to a shorter password solved the issue.

OwenBrooks, he reset the password twice Apparently his love of long passwords was his undoing.

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 07:31 AM | #8
wow i was thinking i have problems remembering with my 8 -10 long passwords, yes thanks definately goes too ckoneful, i learnt something new tonight