Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Network Error While Downloading Patch Data. Retrying (301)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Network Error While Downloading Patch Data. Retrying (301)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nieky
01.24.2013 , 05:49 AM | #1
That is the message I received when updating Wednesday's patch.

After trying many many times, I uninstalled the game and tried to download. Again, I received the same message.

Any ideas?

Beesodd
01.24.2013 , 05:58 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Nieky,

It's possible that there's a local issue that's blocking the patching process. Please try removing and re-adding the game and launcher to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions lists, ensure that you have no traffic management software running, and remove SWTOR Unleashed if you have it installed.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Nieky
01.24.2013 , 06:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Nieky,

It's possible that there's a local issue that's blocking the patching process. Please try removing and re-adding the game and launcher to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions lists, ensure that you have no traffic management software running, and remove SWTOR Unleashed if you have it installed.
I can confirm that this is not the issue. I completely disabled Firewall and Ant-Virus and am still having the issue. In addition, all other downloads/patches on my system are working fine.

Any other solutions?

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 06:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Nieky View Post
I can confirm that this is not the issue. I completely disabled Firewall and Ant-Virus and am still having the issue. In addition, all other downloads/patches on my system are working fine.

Any other solutions?
Can you post up the latest launcher log located in a log folder in your game install ?

What anti virus / firewall are you using / some even when you think are disabled aren't totally.

If you run a tracert to cdn-patch.swtor.com is it successful ?

Nieky
01.24.2013 , 08:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Can you post up the latest launcher log located in a log folder in your game install ?

What anti virus / firewall are you using / some even when you think are disabled aren't totally.

If you run a tracert to cdn-patch.swtor.com is it successful ?

I use ESET Anti Virus and just the standard Windows Firewall.

I also have no idea how to run a tracert. Any instructions on this?

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 08:24 AM | #6
Yes in ESET got to advanced setup and disable protocol filtering (save) and confirm if the issue remains