Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing the first DARK TOURNAMENT

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Announcing the first DARK TOURNAMENT

GreenLantern
01.24.2013 , 02:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xYENOOMx View Post
<ROGUE>
Be prepared to Hand over all of your credits.

A dueling tournament is kinda weird though is it not? It completely eliminates healers from being able to enter in.
If I remember correctly, an operative healer won the last two big duel tournaments.
Gary was here. Ash is a loser!
<Rude Dudes>

GreenLantern
01.24.2013 , 02:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Statement: The disallowment of vanishing and consumables is good. I'd do terribly if that were allowed.

Query: Does the no vanishing rule include no initial stealth attacks?

Query: Does "vanish-sap-recuperating" include things like the Trooper Overshield and Adrenaline Rush, or are those considered class buffs too?
Vanishing is allowed and stealthers are allowed to begin the duel in stealth. The Vanish-Sap-Recuperate is a series of actions that allow a stealth class to vanish, sap their opponent, and then use their out of combat recuperate skill to return to full health and resource, effectively forcing players to fight a stealth player multiple times within a single duel. This rule does not include anything about using personal class cooldowns like Adrenaline Rush. Any ability that is at your class's disposal is allowed except the use of the Vanish-Sap-Recuperate action.
<Rude Dudes>

DLBoyd
01.24.2013 , 02:44 PM | #23
Maybe I mis-understand the rule "Vanish-Sap-Recouperating ". Are you saying we can't Vanish/Disapper, or sap ot heal? Or are you saying we can't use that specific combination?

- Disallowing Vanish for Scoundrel/Operative is like disallowing Force Leap/Force Charge for Knights/Marauders. This hardly seems fair unless you restrict those classes from force leap as well.

- Do we assume force camouflage is considered a 'Vanish'?

Some clarification, please.

I would also like to know the rules on gear. Are contestants allowed to change gear at any time? This would allow players to 'sandbag' with less than optimal gear and seconds before their fight switch that gear.

jesseleeca
01.24.2013 , 03:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DLBoyd View Post
Maybe I mis-understand the rule "Vanish-Sap-Recouperating ". Are you saying we can't Vanish/Disapper, or sap ot heal? Or are you saying we can't use that specific combination?

- Disallowing Vanish for Scoundrel/Operative is like disallowing Force Leap/Force Charge for Knights/Marauders. This hardly seems fair unless you restrict those classes from force leap as well.

I would also like to know the rules on gear. Are contestants allowed to change gear at any time? This would allow players to 'sandbag' with less than optimal gear and seconds before their fight switch that gear.
In combat stealths are allowed, it's only vanishing-sap-out of combat regening that is forbidden.

As for gear changing, we'll discus it but I'm assuming there will be a certain point before the fight starts where people can't change there stuff around anymore.
[Prophecy of the Five] <The Crushers>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS/Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 60 Guardian Tank/DPS
Morehots Lvl 60 Scoundrel Healer

GreenLantern
01.24.2013 , 06:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DLBoyd View Post

Post #2 is edited for clarification.
<Rude Dudes>

Slinnak
01.24.2013 , 06:55 PM | #26
Sounds like a fun time! Also sounds like a great chance for my marauder to make some credits.

JediMasterSLC
01.24.2013 , 10:07 PM | #27
No on-use relics, adrenals, or vanish-sap- regen eh? Damn I wish I had a clone of my sentinel on this server. You watchman sents and anni maras out there: you have no excuses. Make me proud.

Cilas
01.24.2013 , 10:20 PM | #28
Why do all the 1v1 tournaments not allow consumables
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

AngelofCain
01.24.2013 , 10:37 PM | #29
I want to know why no grenades, specially if someone is cybertech. that's like saying no stims, cause you are biochem.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

jesseleeca
01.24.2013 , 10:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
I want to know why no grenades, specially if someone is cybertech. that's like saying no stims, cause you are biochem.
Cause biochem can't use adrenal and everyone should have a stim on, regardless of your profession.
[Prophecy of the Five] <The Crushers>
Havok-leader Lvl 55 Commando DPS/Combat Medic Gunnery PvE Guide
Transference Lvl 60 Guardian Tank/DPS
Morehots Lvl 60 Scoundrel Healer