Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The typical kind of player we have to carry in wz's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
The typical kind of player we have to carry in wz's

Washingtoon
01.24.2013 , 06:12 PM | #21
I don't care about he plays but that zoom is insane. I was trying to click prefernces in an attempt to change it while watching the video.

akhilio
01.24.2013 , 06:21 PM | #22
Its pretty obvious tht everything he is doing is just a giant death wish, ie the not moving etc...But i think he sounds like he is having fun n means absolutely no harm. So i dont think he shud be publicly ridiculed like this. Im sure if sumone mentored him ,he wud improve. plus all he was doing is saying heloo.

Akhilio
OOTF/Deadweight
v97 Ewh/Full dread guard marauder

Whitering
01.24.2013 , 07:36 PM | #23
He does harm his team though, look how much effort the healers have to put into keeping him alive. I know Sorcs/Sages are a little bit squishy, and you have to be aware of healer LoS when you are strafing but a couple steps even to the side and he only takes 1 strike of the Master Strike. You don't have to be a genius to realize that moving a little bit might save yourself, not to mention your healer might be able to concentrate on healing somebody that deserves it.

There are times when you have to be in the middle of everyone, but those are rare. Still, maybe he didn't PvP much getting to 50, but then again, he doesn't appear to have watched any other videos either because I have watched a lot and never saw anyone standing perfectly still for minutes on end while getting beat on.

PhDWarrior
01.24.2013 , 08:59 PM | #24
Despite my initial list of mistakes he is making, I do agree that he has the right to play however he likes although I am inclined to agree that someone should send him a tell and see if he wants some tutoring. He seems to respect you ascendency and full resolve guys a lot, so I am sure he would gladly accept it. And he does seem like a nice fellow (I did not hear him raging when he lost and he seemed optimistic in the face of certain defeat in another WZ)

-Lin

Blauric
01.24.2013 , 09:34 PM | #25
I got 2 things. Even though I know jack dick about sorcs, this guy is having a BLAST (I need more commentary like this in mumble).

''Get out of there smuggler, quit smuggling.''

2nd. Smilies if I ever die again.........i swear......we won't be friends anymore.
Eblís EWL 55 Marauder
Agel 55 Sorcerer
Denna WL 55 Assassin
<Intox> GM The Bastion

Hayiru
01.25.2013 , 03:42 AM | #26
I for one admire that the guy is actually enjoying the game as intended. Yes there is plenty of room for improvement but at least he knows the basics of the objectives, more than I can say for many players in our server. I'm sorry but you're just being an a-hole about it by trying to put the poor guy on the spot. If it bothers you THAT much, then don't queue for random WZs when you know you will be getting inadequate players sometimes.
Maivin - Jedi Shadow
Relyc - Jedi Guardian
Jubilate - Mercenary
Neatrix - Sith Marauder

shadegeist
01.25.2013 , 07:09 AM | #27
The main thing I picked up from this is that you, the OP are sort of a dick.

Sixthy
01.25.2013 , 07:37 AM | #28
People like that don't bother me. He doesn't pretend that he's amazing. He's thanking you (and the healers) repeatedly throughout the video. He knows he's getting carried and he's enjoying himself in an unranked pvp match. Had this guy been typing in chat like he was amazing, then sure, make fun of him, but I mean come on - this dude is just having fun.
Rokuthy Sunrise

We can speak obsession - We can love the endless.

starcmarc
01.25.2013 , 09:18 AM | #29
LOL, i actually remember that match.---cause of his sons of anarchy tag.. and speaking of tag, i also remember chasing smilie around like a tool...
Starmarc | Manila-Ice | Ice'Cream-Man | Chewbacla |
Manny-Pacquiao

<My Ninjas>

LingeringDrama
01.25.2013 , 09:39 AM | #30
Shout out to the healers of that match for keeping him on his feet because of that he had an crazy amount of fun. If anything this video encourages me as a healer to make an extra effort on some of the "unknown" pvpers on the Harbinger. Good Job Smilies, Kieracamron and Duchiss for keeping him up and giving him the opportunity to create a video to be proud of. /cheer!

Maarken Harbinger Medicine Operative - Badcat PoT5 Sawbones Scoundrel