Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Esseles bug is back

DakotaDoc
01.25.2013 , 11:50 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
I saw this last night but it was affecting the person in my group rather than me, so I suspect it is a local issue rather than a game issue. I went through the cut scene without him in the end which let us finish.

Maybe running a repair on the game files or re-installing the game might help? Could even be a driver issue if the last patch contained video updates or any kind.
LOL you work for BioWare CS? Repair does not fix it. This is a bug introduced in a patch. I think 1.5 and yet to be fixed. It affects a significant number of people.

Ironskillit
01.25.2013 , 11:56 PM | #12
I like how we get two patches in one week fixing crap from the cartel store, but something that constantly DC's people doesn't mean anything.

Gyronamics
01.31.2013 , 05:07 AM | #13
Last convo kept CTD until I finally managed to spam space and 1 to get through it before it CTD again, logged back in and was at option to choose course which worked.

Repeatably successful.

Cutscene will still fall apart and crash the game but you complete before it can do that.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Mistwinter
02.01.2013 , 02:37 AM | #14
In the past this has crashed during the "jump to hyperspace" animation, and you would just crash, relog, and complete it (or use one of the workarounds, like minimizing the window or spamming spacebar and praying).

I just finished it for the first time in a few weeks, crashed DURING the conversation (not as it was ending) and was booted from my group AND the flashpoint when I logged back in. No rewards, no progress saved.

My question: how the HELL is this not listed in the "known issues"? And for those saying it's a hardware issue, if the flashpoint worked at one point, and now doesn't--despite zero changes in my computer configuration--that's not on my end.

Also got the lovely "stuck under the floor" bug during the midboss droid fight, am 2 for 2 on that one too.

At this point The Esseles is to be avoided like the plague IMHO.

ZeroPlus
02.01.2013 , 05:30 AM | #15
Never had the issue happen with me, but I've seen it happen with others.

What I do is:
  1. Ask if someone is prone to crash during the conversation.
  2. If someone says it happens, I explain to the group that that player will crash during the conversation and that we should complete the conversation and then WAIT for the person to log back on.
  3. Once the player has logged back on we access the last console and choose the destination (Fleet or Capital Planet).

That way everyone gets to complete it.

If you prone to crashing, explain "2" above to your group and then hope they wait for you before accessing the last console.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Lostpenguins
02.01.2013 , 10:17 AM | #16
Happens to me all the time in Boarding Party during the first cut-scene.

Seriously, BW... fix this sort of stuff. It's really bad that you can't.

Never_Hesitate
02.01.2013 , 10:18 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Happens to me all the time in Boarding Party during the first cut-scene.

Seriously, BW... fix this sort of stuff. It's really bad that you can't.
Don't you mean the Foundry?
waiting for ...

Lostpenguins
02.01.2013 , 10:47 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Don't you mean the Foundry?
I think both as both start with a console on a bridge that travel to somewhere else, don't they? I want to say you're right that it's a Foundry, but I also got this is boarding party last night as well.

Never_Hesitate
02.01.2013 , 10:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
I think both as both start with a console on a bridge that travel to somewhere else, don't they? I want to say you're right that it's a Foundry, but I also got this is boarding party last night as well.
BP doesn't start with a sequence of that, if I'm not completely mistaken, maybe I just skipped it fast enough every time ^^
waiting for ...

Lostpenguins
02.01.2013 , 11:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
BP doesn't start with a sequence of that, if I'm not completely mistaken, maybe I just skipped it fast enough every time ^^
Hmmm... I'm 99% you're right. I guess it was Foundry.