Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Esseles bug is back

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.23.2013 , 06:12 PM | #1
And tabbing out makes no difference this time. Any ideas on how I get around the CTD when hyperspacing, please?

Talimar
01.23.2013 , 07:21 PM | #2
Space bar as fast as you can right after you select yes or no.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.24.2013 , 04:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
Space bar as fast as you can right after you select yes or no.
Tried that, doesn't work. Still CTD. Tabbing out, still CTD. Window Mode, CTD.However, so long as you're still in a group you seem to log back in after the event. Leave the group and you're knackered, you'll be stuck in Esseles, unable to complete and you'll be forced to exit without receiving your SP.

_Darkstar
01.24.2013 , 05:29 AM | #4
I saw this last night but it was affecting the person in my group rather than me, so I suspect it is a local issue rather than a game issue. I went through the cut scene without him in the end which let us finish.

Maybe running a repair on the game files or re-installing the game might help? Could even be a driver issue if the last patch contained video updates or any kind.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.24.2013 , 05:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
I saw this last night but it was affecting the person in my group rather than me, so I suspect it is a local issue rather than a game issue. I went through the cut scene without him in the end which let us finish.

Maybe running a repair on the game files or re-installing the game might help? Could even be a driver issue if the last patch contained video updates or any kind.
That was the first thing I did. Didn't make a difference. I also just ran it just now and both of us crashed. Now I'm stuck in Esseles and forced to exit without SP.

Malkavier
01.24.2013 , 07:50 AM | #6
This is a known bug that only affects certain models of certain video cards of a certain manufacturer. This is not something Bioware can fix, it is solely a driver/hardware issue.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Caereth
01.24.2013 , 03:48 PM | #7
beg to differ on the card issue. my friend and I ran this a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. she ran it with her husband on the weekend - it was fine.

today we ran it and it keeps crashing. this is not a card or hardware issue - this is definitely a *game* issue.

edited to add: end convo lags like hell and so does party chat - when *inside* the instance.

Irxyyy
01.25.2013 , 12:37 AM | #8
I had a guarantied crash in Black Talon when the game released, now after a year I came back to play a republic character this time, and have a guarantied crash in Essels. Something is seriosly broken in those 2 starter flashpoints, since I never crash anywhere else in the game.
// believing is bleeding

Darksyous
01.25.2013 , 07:01 AM | #9
This is not a local error, and it afects several types of machines and/or vídeo cards... The bug exists...

Zalekanzer
01.25.2013 , 08:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darksyous View Post
This is not a local error, and it afects several types of machines and/or vídeo cards... The bug exists...
^ This.
My roomie and I have the same problem with Esseles, it happens about 95% of the time. However, we have two completely different rigs, so someone saying, "it's just one model of one brand..." is blowing smoke up their ***.
Anyway, I don't expect this to be fixed, so I just skip Esseles now.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera