Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslingers and Snipers: SWTOR PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gunslingers and Snipers: SWTOR PvP

Davenmor
01.23.2013 , 06:07 PM | #11
Well i have to admit that i love the gunslinger and he is (together with my sentinel) my favorite class in the game!

For a couple of weeks ive been trying a 0/21/20 (Full DOT/AOE) specc and if you play with the right setup this is just pure fun. And its extremly deadly too:

I just broke my sentinels dps record today with 1089 DPS and a 870k of total damage - that was one crazy fight and im not even fully modded.

So to everyone who thinks that snipers/revos are underpowered i can only say that it is probably the rarest class in pvp and therefore there are not many very good players. But a sniper in the hands of a good player can be as deadly as a marrauder or vanguard (if he runs with a capable healer)

Joesixxpack
01.23.2013 , 07:22 PM | #12
GS/Snipers are perfect. BW... Do not nerf... Do not buff... keep your meddling hands off of them please.

(Except DF/Lethality... feel free to buff those poor bastards, if there're any left).

cashogy_reborn
01.23.2013 , 07:24 PM | #13
i dont think ive ever seen anyone say gunslinger/sniper was underpowered. probably one of the most balanced classes in the game imho
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

seefouruno
01.25.2013 , 02:48 PM | #14
yay gunslinger/snipers! REPRESENT

Jekan
01.25.2013 , 03:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
i dont think ive ever seen anyone say gunslinger/sniper was underpowered. probably one of the most balanced classes in the game imho
I 100% agree with this statement.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

Smashbrother
01.25.2013 , 03:19 PM | #16
Sniper/GS is for sure the most balanced class in the game.

Jayshames
01.25.2013 , 03:23 PM | #17
I haven't seen anyone complaining about Sniper/Gs being bad
I currently have a 41 sniper and I love it, though it does get a bit boring only being able to DPS all the time.

Zunayson
01.25.2013 , 04:14 PM | #18
Maybe full optimized aug'd WH is a big, powerful tool, or my eng sniper is op lol. When I go up against any single opponent, and I want them dead, then they're dead.

"You're already dead, just lie down!"

-HK-51
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

seefouruno
01.25.2013 , 04:20 PM | #19
I think that the hidden gods of swtor pvp are snipers and GS

BambulaGTS
01.28.2013 , 01:34 AM | #20
GS/sniper class WAS underpowered.

It was utter crap compared to powerhorses in the game launch.

But then, powerhorses were nerfed here and there, but GS/sniper was only buffed, buffed, buffed.

Now GS/sniper is just a good playable balanced class.