Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

PoliteAssasin
02.06.2013 , 05:50 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
this: my healing was roughly 25%~30% of my dps
Would have been even more had you ran with the 58% crit setup. And if this new juyo form buff is true from the data mines, that would be an extra 5. Man I miss those heals. idk if anyone else ran with that setup, but on my server people thought I was heal hacking lol.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

mrekxxx
02.06.2013 , 07:27 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Yeah, don't buff Sentinels/Marauders, thanks.
this ...

PoliteAssasin
02.06.2013 , 08:41 AM | #43
While I agree we don't really need a damage buff, it may be to keep us competitive with the new changes being made to other classes. So we can't really say much without seeing the full picture.

JustinxDuff
02.06.2013 , 09:03 AM | #44
Dunno if you saw the data mined notes yesterday but Watchman looks to be getting a significant buff and smash is getting a nerf.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

TheCourier-
02.06.2013 , 02:46 PM | #45
The buff to watchman looked like around a 10% increase to damage (counting all of the buffs). Watchman's issue is survivability. The nerf to watchman's self healing was way too drastic.

PoliteAssasin
02.06.2013 , 03:38 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
The buff to watchman looked like around a 10% increase to damage (counting all of the buffs). Watchman's issue is survivability. The nerf to watchman's self healing was way too drastic.
Actually iirc they nerfed watchman damage by 10% early in 2012. (Back when people thought we sucked, and that the few good ones were hackers) So if anything this just restored it. The healing from saber ward seems like a decent buff to survivability too.

TheCourier-
02.07.2013 , 12:41 AM | #47
Saber ward is on way too long of a cooldown. Deflection for jedi shadow is on a 2 minute cooldown, and resilience (one of the strongest cooldowns in the game) is on a 1 minute cooldown. Saber ward is a 3 minute cooldown. So, making saber ward slightly stronger won't add a lot of survivability.

PoliteAssasin
02.07.2013 , 01:41 AM | #48
Anything helps. It'd definitely improve survivability in duels or 1v1s.

Rincewend
02.07.2013 , 02:15 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
People switched because the damage of watchmen was never amazing by any means. What made the spec good was its survivability. When they nerfed the self heals they killed the spec because the uptime of that spec is what made it viable. If you're going to nerf it's survivability they should of the very least increased its damage, because lets be honest, the spec doesn't have any real burst to spec of. The heals need to be brought back to how they originally were or they need to increase the damage of the spec to make up for the loss of uptime from the heals.
Sounds a lot like what most DPS Sorcs have been saying about their class.

symke
02.07.2013 , 04:54 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by angelserra View Post
change the title of this thread bw has stated they dont respond to NERF threads so post a new title like
"changes to watchman need reevaluated etc"
They don't respond to any kind of threads, so it's completely the same if he changes his thread title or not. After all making a response would demand someone with actual knowledge of PVP which EAware doesn't have any more.