Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

Darth-Rammstein
01.24.2013 , 01:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GNWP View Post
Buff Vigilance spec also.
If they nerf rage then they absolutely need to buff vigilance/vengeance tree....otherwise you will be cornering the guard/juggs into rolling a tank as the only viable option.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

darthnish
01.24.2013 , 01:02 AM | #12
i used to be annihilation but then i speced carnage , since then ive never respeced my marauder ever.

Carnage>all specs in game, has tools to counter most ccs and the 1v1 burst it deals out is absurdly OP that im surprised ppl havent cried nerf yet.

EDIT: to prove my point :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odgwDJ4rNxk

Macroeconomics
01.24.2013 , 01:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
I'm not sure why Bioware decided to nerf the spec (Watchman) that requires 20+ keybinds, and buff the spec that is based on 1 attack.
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
Carnage>all specs in game, has tools to counter most ccs and the 1v1 burst it deals out is absurdly OP that im surprised ppl havent cried nerf yet.
It's all about what numbers your compatriots in your subclass put out. No one plays Annih/Watchman anymore. All the weak players got flushed out of that tree by the nerfs (and the buffs to the other trees). The only ones left playing Annih/Watchman are the ones good enough at it to remain competitive. So the meta average productivity for Annih/Watchman actually rose when Rage/Focus got buffed (via bad Annih/Watchmen leaving). Hence BW nerfed Annih/Watchman afterwards.

Correspondingly Carnage actually puts up rather low numbers compared to Rage/Focus. But players are willing to put up with lower damage output because of the greater utility and the burst features. Yet neither of those aspects show up in BW's ingame metrics calculations, so even if Carnage is as valuable as Rage, it won't get nerfed. In general, the classes with greater utility avoid BW's nerfs because they are undervalued in a system that focuses on damage/protection/healing output. Stealth classes are in an excellent position for example to avoid nerfs.

PAMuttoni
01.24.2013 , 12:32 PM | #14
Most Watchman sentinels/marauders are Focus/Rage now.

I see many people that want watchman to be similar to combat/carnage.... Why don't you play that spec instead of making them similar? Oh right, too many skills to use it like a pro.
Keelahn (Combat) VR98 Aios (Seer) VR82 Kal'ree (Scrapper) VR70+
Tassadar (Marksman) VR85 Ze'siha (Darkness) VR87 Vehnar (Body Guard) VR70

Raansu
01.24.2013 , 03:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PAMuttoni View Post

I see many people that want watchman to be similar to combat/carnage.... Why don't you play that spec instead of making them similar? Oh right, too many skills to use it like a pro.
People switched because the damage of watchmen was never amazing by any means. What made the spec good was its survivability. When they nerfed the self heals they killed the spec because the uptime of that spec is what made it viable. If you're going to nerf it's survivability they should of the very least increased its damage, because lets be honest, the spec doesn't have any real burst to spec of. The heals need to be brought back to how they originally were or they need to increase the damage of the spec to make up for the loss of uptime from the heals.

Technohic
01.24.2013 , 03:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
i used to be annihilation but then i speced carnage , since then ive never respeced my marauder ever.

EDIT: to prove my point :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odgwDJ4rNxk
I love Carnage. That said, I believe it was nerfed since I last played my Marauder regularly.

ArchangelLBC
01.24.2013 , 04:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
does any of the mara/sent trees really need a buff? ive seen a lot of people say that all 3 trees are viable. obviously rage/focus is a step above the other two, but *if* that tree does get nerfed i dont think buffing the others as consolation is a responsible move, especially if those other 2 trees are already viable in their current state
Watchman/Annihilation needs it's self healing back. Should have never been nerfed.

Combat/Carnage will be back to incredibly powerful once they nerf bubble stuns to only apply to the sorc who cast them, or at least fix the resolve. Spec is practically unplayable at 50 PVP because of the bubble stuns. I love the utility and the single target burst of this spec, but the burst is completely shut down once you combine bubble stuns with players who know to look out for PS/Gore.

Focus/Rage needs it's damage redistributed, by moving the damage off of smash and putting it in other abilities. Remember the Grav Round nerf when BW thought that a spec shouldn't be able to do 80% of it's potential damage by just using one ability? Yeah *** double standard BW? Still I play this spec on my sent now because bubble stuns shut down my preferred spec (Combat) to the point that it's mostly an exercise in frustration. I'm not saying you can't do well for it, but effort:return ratio is out of sync and I'd rather just learn to play my shadow even better.

This is from a sent perspective, but obviously if they actually nerf smash by something other than redistributing it's damage then they need to buff Veng/Vig. Actually they need to buff this spec regardless.

Also buff Commando.

Also nerf operatives.

There I think my bases are all covered now.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

MiaRB
01.24.2013 , 04:43 PM | #18
no sent/mar spec needs a buff for god sake. smash just needs to be toned down. in fact, BW should do some rollbacks on the entire AC because they buffed them way too much to make them less hard to level up. which resulted in the entire AC being out of whack with how other ACs are balanced at end game level pvp.
can't wait for this game to come out!

TheCourier-
01.24.2013 , 04:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PAMuttoni View Post

Watchman uses as many attacks as combat does.

foxmob
01.24.2013 , 05:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Spec is practically unplayable at 50 PVP because of the bubble stuns.
insert that phrase after every melee class. the stealthers are especially screwed. if you rely on a 4m opener and some form of CC lockdown (both deception and concealment), then bubble-stun effectively ruins any chance of *ever* getting into your rotation...on anybody (not just the sage with the bubble spec).

edit: lol @ the combat being more complex than watchman idea. I think you need a combat sent in your ideal team comp, but I don't think it's nearly as complex a class to play as watchman (taking all buttons & situations into account).
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.