Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Buff Watchman spec, nerf Rage spec

TheCourier-
01.23.2013 , 03:51 PM | #1
I'm not sure why Bioware decided to nerf the spec that requires 20+ keybinds, and buff the spec that is based on 1 attack.

My suggestion would be to make the increased force camoflage duration option for watchman to instead be increased guarded by the force duration (six seconds, if two points are put into the box). That would make up for the nerf that Bioware did to watchman spec's self healing. A buff to guarded by the force's duration would encourage sentinels to use the sentinel set bonus instead of the guardian set bonus.

I have a valor 98 jedi sentinel, and have played the game since early access. I used watchman spec almost exclusively until patch 1.4, and it's my preferred spec. It requires way more skill to consistently do 750000+ damage per warzone with watchman spec than with rage spec.

After patch 1.4, there are so many rage specced players, that some warzones will literally have 4 rage spec players for a team.

If rage spec is nerfed, and watchman spec isn't buffed, then sentinel will literally have no viable PVP trees. Combat spec is awful with how many sages run bubble stun spec. Watchman's dots still tick while stunned. Precision Slash has a 4.5 second duration, which a bubble stun severely hurts. The main option would be to break the bubble with a 10 meter attack, but the sage can reapply a stun bubble once they see the Precision Slash buff.

vimm
01.23.2013 , 05:21 PM | #2
I love combat/carnage.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Siorac
01.23.2013 , 06:23 PM | #3
Yeah, don't buff Sentinels/Marauders, thanks.

rob_y
01.23.2013 , 06:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
If rage spec is nerfed, and watchman spec isn't buffed, then sentinel will literally have no viable PVP trees.
I don't know if you know what "viable" means. There are plenty of specs that would trade places with the effectiveness of Watchman or Combat.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

NogueiraA
01.23.2013 , 07:07 PM | #5
I agree.

Force Camouflage remove all the movement impairing like carnage.
Force camouflage loses 20% more speed BUT Juyo form gains 15% more speed in combat like Ataru Form.
When you proc Rupture/Cauterize your next Annihilate has 50% more critical chance.

Annihilation fixed.

cashogy_reborn
01.23.2013 , 07:22 PM | #6
does any of the mara/sent trees really need a buff? ive seen a lot of people say that all 3 trees are viable. obviously rage/focus is a step above the other two, but *if* that tree does get nerfed i dont think buffing the others as consolation is a responsible move, especially if those other 2 trees are already viable in their current state
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

schooch
01.23.2013 , 09:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
does any of the mara/sent trees really need a buff?
what he is suggesting is to de-nerf what Bioware did, that messed up the tree.
Markoss-Commando medic

GNWP
01.23.2013 , 09:54 PM | #8
Buff Vigilance spec also.

criminalheretic
01.23.2013 , 11:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
does any of the mara/sent trees really need a buff? ive seen a lot of people say that all 3 trees are viable. obviously rage/focus is a step above the other two, but *if* that tree does get nerfed i dont think buffing the others as consolation is a responsible move, especially if those other 2 trees are already viable in their current state
Point being Anni/Watchman should have never been nerfed. What made it at least comparable to the other 2 specs was that it gave you more uptime. Now you do 600k dps and end up with 34k healing, more than 1/2 of which is going to other people 200pts at a time. It's like:

Rage! - You are the terror of all things! And it's super easy and you get an extra 7% passive damage mitigation and 30% armor penetration!

Carnage! - Much harder to play well, but you get crazy single target burst, and can make your whole team FLY around the WZ!

Annihilation! - It's like having an extra medpac. A slow release medpac.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

NogueiraA
01.24.2013 , 12:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GNWP View Post
Buff Vigilance spec also.
I play a marauder, I have a sentinel lvl 43 and a guardian lvl 50. And yes Vigilance needs a buff.

All the nerfs or buffs shows how non-sense the Devs are.. Really, they really don't know how to play they game.
wth they did with Overload, the coolest animation in the game now it's a crap.

Annihilation being nerfed without a reason, Rage being buffed at the moon, just needed a little buff in the rage/focus system... But no they buffed all the tree making Rage be much viable than the others.
When they nerf Rage Juggs and Guardian will do what? Vengeance and Vigilance really need a buff to be viable in PVP.

Resolve, oh god so much terrible.

Who's inside the Bioware thinked "crowd control is the way!!! People will enjoy!!!".