Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash isn't that bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash isn't that bad

Jherad
01.23.2013 , 05:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
We just have to wait until the expansion, then they will balance out all of the classes. Why balance them out now when you will just have to do it again in a couple months?
As I've said in another thread, if they only balance through post 50 abilities then you're essentially forcing players to pay 10 bucks for a fixed class. That's a big no no.

Classes need to be balanced at 50 and 55 when the expansion hits. The level 50 stuff needs to be sooner rather than later. Ie. 1.7.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Burk
01.23.2013 , 07:05 PM | #12
Smashtards need to be nerfed, I've run in to warzones that had5 or more jugs. This flavor of the month has run its course and needs to be nerfed in the ground never to rise again. So stupid that a tank class has survivability and can put up the biggest dps numbers.
Nebakenezer - 55 - Gunslinger
Killjoy - 55 - Commando
Nebbakennezer - 55 Assasin
Nebakienezer - 52 Jugg
Heinrike - 55 Sorc

The Von'Hellscream legacy

MidichIorian
01.23.2013 , 07:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Remember how OP Chain-Lightning on Wrath was?

How much it was ruining Warzones?

How Bioware specifically destroyed an entire AC's PVP play style without replacing it with something else?

Rage hits for more than Wrath-CL ever did.
The things they've nerfed in the past (CL/operatives/tracer spam) would be ok in the current enviroment. Hell, we'd still be complaining about smash, that's how stupid it is. And when people had complained about it they decided to indirectly buff it by making it easier to obtain war hero gear. We used to have one really geared smasher to worry about per warzone......now they're all able to smash min/maxed wh sorcs for 7K. How much output is a sorc gaining between recruit and wh? Probably not even to the degree that it's noticeable for the opponents.

Haystak
01.23.2013 , 07:56 PM | #14
All im saying is...make thermal grenade or Force in balance hit for 6k, with 100% crit. We will see how much you guys defend that crap then.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

veyl
01.23.2013 , 07:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Remember how OP Chain-Lightning on Wrath was?

How much it was ruining Warzones?

How Bioware specifically destroyed an entire AC's PVP play style without replacing it with something else?

Rage hits for more than Wrath-CL ever did.
The only reason it was "OP" was because it was before Expertise and the WZ bracket was 10-50 (IE opponents had less defensive skills in any given WZ because they hadn't reached the talents/level yet to obtain them.)). Sorcs could -still- be destroyed 1v1 during that time by the majority of classes unless you were extremely skilled and geared. It should also be pointed out that the spec did NOTHING but pad numbers. That's all it was. Back to back, a CL / Death field combo "might" have hit for 6k total IF both of them crit and you were adrenaled (which you could still use then) and expertise buffed.

As for Smash: I have both a Sentinel and Marauder - War hero min maxed with mixed elite pieces on the sentinel and war hero + dread guard mixed set on the marauder (only 1090 expertise on him) and I can say that smash is just idiotic. An 8 second cd, auto crit up to 5 targets for 5k+ is flat out dumb. Coupled with one of the hardest hitting executes in the game, it is just silly.

The only solution I can see for this is that each additional target around your main target takes X% less damage of the full hit on smash: Though I don't have faith that Bioware would be able to code that correctly. I know that other MMO (wow) "Fixed" AoE's by reducing the damage if more targets were in the area... Not sure if that would work better for smash in this instance.

Anyone else ready to see the stupidity to come out of the "Balancing" in Makeb? Start placing your bets for what the next FoTM will be.

DarthRaika
01.23.2013 , 08:34 PM | #16
Well smash by itself isn't that OP and one (even geared) smasher is not too big of a deal. I believe the main issue around smash relates to the lack of premade matching in this game. Any idiot with decent gear and being healed can do very very well on smash if the other team is a near even match or especially if they are worse. Also, even if the smasher doesn't have a ph if his team is better at killing then smash is very easy.

If you are pugging and the other team is an even match or better than your team then smash actually does take some skill and really shouldn't be considered op.

Due to how easy it is to do well on with a better team and especially when being healed it has become very popular for premaders to use. Then you not only have a strong class but you have a strong class being stacked in a geared premade while the other team has a few random recruit players. Let the QQ begin!

BTW, war type classes are always easymode in mmos when their team is better and especially when they are being healed. They usually require skill if they are not though and so I have found that wars are more likely to form premades than many classes (excluding healers).

Also, playing a lot of pvp on 8 classes I have noticed some of the "best" wars the rare times they have pugged and they were almost all horrible if their team wasn't significantly better ....rofl.

sauerkraut
01.23.2013 , 08:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Less smash monkeys. That's the point.

It's a tremendously op AoE attack that can virtually be spammed. It needs to be nerfed.
Or, you just have to learn to use your stuns, heals, bubles, stealths more and more stuns and heals and stuns and stuns again and more stun bubble and stun bubble, the right way. If not, oh well less stun monkeys.

Glower
01.23.2013 , 09:29 PM | #18
So..... If you ok with smash, pls give to my merc 25000 Death from Above (why 25k? Cuz 1 min cooldown, cuz u can run away and cuz u can interrupt it) .

Or... Emmm... Or 8000-10000 Flame Thrower!

No?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

sinfulace
01.23.2013 , 10:18 PM | #19
my main is a jugg and i think it needs a nerf. nerf rage and buff veng.

sauerkraut
01.23.2013 , 10:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
So..... If you ok with smash, pls give to my merc 25000 Death from Above (why 25k? Cuz 1 min cooldown, cuz u can run away and cuz u can interrupt it) .

Or... Emmm... Or 8000-10000 Flame Thrower!

No?
No. just L2P to PvP, because perma stun , bubble , disrupt, stun, stun, stun, disrupt, sealth, stun, disrupt, stun, bubble, stun, disrupt, stun is not PvP. It's just what BW did to SWTOR PvP to keep it's PvP rejects subs, so they can have their money.