Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash isn't that bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash isn't that bad

Sydexlic
01.29.2013 , 09:08 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
No one's spelled out exactly what is so OP about the spec
^ Oblivious

Aluvi
01.29.2013 , 09:58 AM | #142
Smash won't be nerfed. It is doing damage comparable to Pyro PTs, and they are single target, while we are aoe damage. It's just going to get worse when they nerf bubble stun.
Aluvien Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands

LarryRow
01.29.2013 , 10:15 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
Smash won't be nerfed. It is doing damage comparable to Pyro PTs, and they are single target, while we are aoe damage. It's just going to get worse when they nerf bubble stun.
C'mon, does anyone seriously think they won't fix bubble stun and tone down smash? At this point all the complaints should be focused on how long it is taking.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 10:50 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
C'mon, does anyone seriously think they won't fix bubble stun and tone down smash? At this point all the complaints should be focused on how long it is taking.
They've said they are going to fix bubble stun. Haven't said a thing about Smash. Course once they fix bubble stuns I'm betting a lot of Smashers who are sents/maras will go back to combat/carnage which has better single target burst, and then we'll all remember why we hated them again.

Also doing the same damage as Pyro PT isn't an argument considering how much less squishy you are as a Smash Sent vs a Pyro PT.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

WaywardOne
01.29.2013 , 11:29 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
^ Oblivious
Educate me. Or show me on the doll where the marauder ravaged you?

If you can't back up your perceptions/views with relevant numbers/evidence then you need to think about why you're really frothing at the mouth and maybe put away your pitchforks and torches. Or don't, I don't really care (I play lots of classes/specs and could happily play without any one), but don't expect any sympathy from game devs or people that don't get swept up by newb hysterics: "OMG a smasher made me bleed my own blood! Nerf!" = newb hysterics.

Kurvv
01.30.2013 , 12:45 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
Educate me. Or show me on the doll where the marauder ravaged you?

If you can't back up your perceptions/views with relevant numbers/evidence then you need to think about why you're really frothing at the mouth and maybe put away your pitchforks and torches. Or don't, I don't really care (I play lots of classes/specs and could happily play without any one), but don't expect any sympathy from game devs or people that don't get swept up by newb hysterics: "OMG a smasher made me bleed my own blood! Nerf!" = newb hysterics.
Have you not seen the insane amounts of "nerf smash" threads?

I have no problem with smash 1v1. I can see that smash is easy to counter with a coordinated team of competent pvpers in rwz. I often outdo smashers/sweepers in the "biggest hit" stat (as meaningless as that is).

However, the fact is that the majority of pvp in this game takes place in normal, not ranked, warzones, and smash is undoubtedly unbalanced in this situation. A single smasher is only a problem for those too unaware to look out for someone flying through the air. Multiple smashers, though, are a problem. They don't need to worry about who to target (I'm a shadow, target priority is the #1 determinant of what I do in wzs) because they hit everyone in the crowd equally. This is a huge advantage. There's no need to spend any time considering the target as long as they're in a crowd, which occurs in every wz except huttball. Not to mention the fact that they can completely ignore crit and stack power on all their gear.
My preferred method of cc is death

Caeelar
01.30.2013 , 01:00 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by lordkhouri View Post
People need to realize that smash spec is not as severely overpowered as people say it is. With some simple warzone awareness, a group could realize that the jugg that's placed himself between 4-5 enemies is actually guaranteed to die if those targets would just turn and attack him.

The weakness of this spec needs to be exploited, and it is that the smasher is constantly putting himself in harms way surrounded by multiple enemies, and before you know it, you don't have a smash problem anymore.

A melee class would not complain about ranged damage without actually trying to close the gap and fight the range and stop him from free casting. The advantage ranged has is that they can place themselves somewhere in range of their healers but out of range of the enemy dps.

Stop complaining about a spec that is really not that powerful; it hits hard but that's required since if they can't do damage quickly they won't do any at all since they're dead so soon. People suggesting 3-5 different changes to the spec don't understand how the spec works... nerf it and no one will play it, whats the point of that?
LOL you wear the heaviest armor, and have the best burst damage in the game. That seems right to you? Most classes get pwned if they are in the middle of 4-5 enemies instantly (try playing a healer for instance). I've always thought heavy armor folks should be tank types.. decent dps, but less then lighter armor wearers. This game turns that upside down. The heaviest armor has the best burst dps. It's like putting a wizard in plate... it's silly.

Darth-Rammstein
01.30.2013 , 01:42 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeelar View Post
LOL you wear the heaviest armor, and have the best burst damage in the game. That seems right to you? Most classes get pwned if they are in the middle of 4-5 enemies instantly (try playing a healer for instance). I've always thought heavy armor folks should be tank types.. decent dps, but less then lighter armor wearers. This game turns that upside down. The heaviest armor has the best burst dps. It's like putting a wizard in plate... it's silly.
Dude, heavy armor doesn't do ****
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Kegparty
01.30.2013 , 01:49 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Remember how OP Chain-Lightning on Wrath was?

How much it was ruining Warzones?

How Bioware specifically destroyed an entire AC's PVP play style without replacing it with something else?

Rage hits for more than Wrath-CL ever did.

Just give the sorcs back wraith chain ... you can keep your insta crit op AOE smash

volander
01.30.2013 , 02:46 AM | #150
In rated Rage is support damage class who object to quickly destroy wounded player, specialty normally unkillable hiller.
In normal generally, Rage is kamikaze which one way ticket
|█╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╣██{▀PURE]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)