Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash isn't that bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash isn't that bad

Genuine
01.28.2013 , 04:01 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post
An AOE shouldn't be the most damaging ability in the game or any game. It shouldn't hit harder than single damage. It shouldn't be given to a TANK. The best DPS ability should be given to dps or caster dps and not a tank.

Lastly, a pvp spec should not have a big advantage in terms of gear or stat returns. While every class spends stat points on crit to maximize dps, a smasher does not need crit and can put those points into surge.

When you combine all of this, it is easy to see that the spec is OP. However, I do not have a problem with this because I play a marauder that is smash spec also.
Jug is DPS or Tank
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Darth-Rammstein
01.28.2013 , 04:11 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I try that, but there is one spec out there that has an immunity to KB after leap, isn't there? Haven't done my guardian yet, but know it is there somewhere.
There's an ability half way up the vengeance tree called unstoppable which grants immunity to cc after force charge...I really couldn't tell you how many people run that build since by doing this you sacrifice force crush meaning you only have force choke and enrage to generate stacks of shockwave.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 04:24 PM | #133
I hate how you people always seem to think that these things can be easily avoided with team work, situational awareness and what else have you. Remember we don't all play Ranked warzones with people over teamspeak etc. With a pug it's hard to find people who are willing to knuckle down and properly play as a team. In those circumstances, yes the smashmonkey build is very overpowered.

Then again, I'm looking at it from a Sorcerers perspective, and anything that does over 4k damage and has burst is OP in my eyes since we have nothing at all.

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 04:26 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
There's an ability half way up the vengeance tree called unstoppable which grants immunity to cc after force charge...I really couldn't tell you how many people run that build since by doing this you sacrifice force crush meaning you only have force choke and enrage to generate stacks of shockwave.
And with the expansion coming out we'll see smash monkeys who can't be interrupted. Anyone who thinks it won't be overpowered then needs their head checked.

EDIT: Unless BW actually manage to shift the tree about/update it, but that's a big ask.

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 07:35 PM | #135
Ah thanks. I just know I have seen it a couple of times. Might not be the most effective, but it seems to keep me watching for it a second.

Jherad
01.28.2013 , 09:04 PM | #136
Make smashers as 'desirable' as DPS mercs/commandos in RWZs.

Then see for how long they defend the status quo.

You're gonna get commando'd HARD.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Darth-Rammstein
01.28.2013 , 09:07 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Make smashers as 'desirable' as DPS mercs/commandos in RWZs.

Then see for how long they defend the status quo.
Not our fault you picked the worst AC in the game.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Jherad
01.28.2013 , 09:10 PM | #138
Not our fault you picked the worst AC in the game.
According to Rob Hinkle, balance is pretty good. Come on down here, the water's fine.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Kontraz
01.29.2013 , 12:40 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by cripito View Post
Meh smash as aoe is OP .. as spec is retarded . i kill smachers all day .. they just get annoying when you have 3-4 in every warzone...

The only thing BW have done is turn the class in something any retarded can play , so good players are really good at it and ******* are as always retarded.. you should do like the old tracer misile mercenary.. and bind all except the first 2 keys to smash..
this is where the problem is. multiple smashers. It seems every WZ I've entered as of late has at least 3 or more. It has become a nonstop root/smash-fest.

JP_Legatus
01.29.2013 , 01:41 AM | #140
Warzones are mostly chaos. A class that does a stupid amount of bursty aoe damage will thrive in that kind of environment. Yes it's not that OP 1v1, but you don't aoe in a 1v1. You hit one guy.
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje