Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Smash isn't that bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash isn't that bad

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
01.26.2013 , 12:57 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Greeve View Post
Made up stats are made up. I was in a wz the other day where everyone else on my side with a SIN except me, and everyone on the other team was a shadow/sage except for one smuggler...i've been in many war zones where there were alot of warrior types (alot of whom may or may not have been smash spec) and in many war zones where there were less then alot. Just because you say this is what you see, doesnt mean its true no matter how hard you want it to be. And no matter how many whiners in this thread will agree with you and call me a retard, I don't really care because most of these people have terrible rationale for their arguments and dont realize how stupid they sound.
You misunderstood. I wasnt refering to the opponents or classes. I was refering to many team mates' inability to focus a healer, even if that healer is marked. I could probably count the times a random team mate of mine has marked a healer on one hand....and I've played far more than 5 games

TheGayGhost's Avatar


TheGayGhost
01.26.2013 , 05:07 PM | #102
If they nerf rage spec(juggernauts) then they are a useless class...tank for flashpoints are good but for OP are just useless even if you try your best still it isn't worth the nervs.

ObscureKnight's Avatar


ObscureKnight
01.26.2013 , 06:30 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Bubbles prevent about 4k damage, which is why he is arguing that it adds 4k health. Now he's entirely forgetting the 3 seconds of downtime that everyone within 5 meters of you are forced to wait because of bubble stun, allowing you to be healed or run/kite, which is why a bubble stun is more like a second lease on life.
And for smash needing a nerf, I did 1.1k dps in my 3rd wz as smash, it needs a nerf.
Problem with the bubble is that he is assuming every sage is built the same. A full heal Sage will not have the bubble stun.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: F‚dť - Sorc, Xťl‚ - Sin, R‚gť - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Sh‚dť - PT, Noctur‚ Pubs: F‚de, ÷bscura - Shadow, Starriť - Sent, Gl‚ss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger

DarthFenris's Avatar


DarthFenris
01.26.2013 , 07:28 PM | #104
I am getting really tired of people QQing in mmos. "Its to hard to beat this class nerf it so I don't have to learn how to play." Get over your instant gratification issues and actually learn how to play your class and stop QQing about people who take the time to learn the optimal way to play their class and teach others how to do the same. You people are ruining mmos by having the devs spend unneeded time on nerfing a class when they can be using that time to make the game more intricate and give us more areas and things to do. People like you destroyed SWG and now it seems you want to do the same to this game, first is was the op/scoundrel that was op now because of you people no one wants to play a dps op/scoundrel, then like was said before was the chain lightning/tele wave now no one wants to play that ac, now your picking on Juggs. I can remember a time when Juggs had really no dmg in pvp they were just meat shields to protect the healer, now they have a viable place in pvp dmg and because you don't want to learn a new mechanic/tactic to combat that the devs have to nerf Jugg smash? What happens when your class starts to do well in pvp bet you won't be on here going "oh please nerf my class it does to much dmg" no your be fighting against people like you who want your class nerfed. Get over it learn to play your class and evolve in your tactics as the game evolves instead of crying.
Asta'rot 55 Scoundrel Heals, Fenris 55 Shadow Dps

Jelutte 55 Sorc Dps, Valdisi 55 Merc Dps, Fenris 55 Jug Dps, Asta Sniper, Zamion Marauder

Amebia's Avatar


Amebia
01.26.2013 , 08:45 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFenris View Post
I am getting really tired of people QQing in mmos. "Its to hard to beat this class nerf it so I don't have to learn how to play." Get over your instant gratification issues and actually learn how to play your class and stop QQing about people who take the time to learn the optimal way to play their class and teach others how to do the same. You people are ruining mmos by having the devs spend unneeded time on nerfing a class when they can be using that time to make the game more intricate and give us more areas and things to do. People like you destroyed SWG and now it seems you want to do the same to this game, first is was the op/scoundrel that was op now because of you people no one wants to play a dps op/scoundrel, then like was said before was the chain lightning/tele wave now no one wants to play that ac, now your picking on Juggs. I can remember a time when Juggs had really no dmg in pvp they were just meat shields to protect the healer, now they have a viable place in pvp dmg and because you don't want to learn a new mechanic/tactic to combat that the devs have to nerf Jugg smash? What happens when your class starts to do well in pvp bet you won't be on here going "oh please nerf my class it does to much dmg" no your be fighting against people like you who want your class nerfed. Get over it learn to play your class and evolve in your tactics as the game evolves instead of crying.
Not sure if stupid or serious

AOE bombs should be cast or channeled if anything

P.s Don't forgot that is is auto-crit

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
01.26.2013 , 09:56 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFenris View Post
Inow your picking on Juggs. I can remember a time when Juggs had really no dmg in pvp they were just meat shields to protect the healer,
that was never the case. bad players couldn't do anything but meat shield. some of the best dps in the game were focus guardians/rage juggs. proof? they didn't buff smash. they just made it CONSIDERABLY easier to play. now every idiot in the knight/warrior class rolls it. that's a problem.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Washingtoon's Avatar


Washingtoon
01.26.2013 , 10:14 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
that was never the case. bad players couldn't do anything but meat shield. some of the best dps in the game were focus guardians/rage juggs. proof? they didn't buff smash. they just made it CONSIDERABLY easier to play. now every idiot in the knight/warrior class rolls it. that's a problem.
Let's hope that doesnt happen to assassins. It's going to be hell if every player out there all of a sudden can play it to its' full potential. *shivers*

Greeve's Avatar


Greeve
01.26.2013 , 10:22 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
You misunderstood. I wasnt refering to the opponents or classes. I was refering to many team mates' inability to focus a healer, even if that healer is marked. I could probably count the times a random team mate of mine has marked a healer on one hand....and I've played far more than 5 games
Forgive me for misunderstanding your point. I do see what you are saying and have experience similar obviously; however, realistically it sounds like the point is that people are too stupid to use any kind of brains to counter a class and theyd rather it just be done via a nerf.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
01.26.2013 , 10:36 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
Let's hope that doesnt happen to assassins. It's going to be hell if every player out there all of a sudden can play it to its' full potential. *shivers*
heh. deception is pretty easy. at least in the lone wolf aggressor role. much easier than scrapper, imo.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Darth-Rammstein's Avatar


Darth-Rammstein
01.26.2013 , 10:57 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Amebia View Post
Not sure if stupid or serious

AOE bombs should be cast or channeled if anything

P.s Don't forgot that is is auto-crit
Yeah, I'm sure a melee class would have zero problems channeling or having a casting time on smash....they would immediatly be interrupted and dead in seconds.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five