Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash isn't that bad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Smash isn't that bad

lordkhouri
01.23.2013 , 03:43 PM | #1
People need to realize that smash spec is not as severely overpowered as people say it is. With some simple warzone awareness, a group could realize that the jugg that's placed himself between 4-5 enemies is actually guaranteed to die if those targets would just turn and attack him.

The weakness of this spec needs to be exploited, and it is that the smasher is constantly putting himself in harms way surrounded by multiple enemies, and before you know it, you don't have a smash problem anymore.

A melee class would not complain about ranged damage without actually trying to close the gap and fight the range and stop him from free casting. The advantage ranged has is that they can place themselves somewhere in range of their healers but out of range of the enemy dps.

Stop complaining about a spec that is really not that powerful; it hits hard but that's required since if they can't do damage quickly they won't do any at all since they're dead so soon. People suggesting 3-5 different changes to the spec don't understand how the spec works... nerf it and no one will play it, whats the point of that?

TUXs
01.23.2013 , 03:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by lordkhouri View Post
... nerf it and no one will play it, whats the point of that?
Less smash monkeys. That's the point.

It's a tremendously op AoE attack that can virtually be spammed. It needs to be nerfed.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Henu
01.23.2013 , 04:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Less smash monkeys. That's the point.

It's a tremendously op AoE attack that can virtually be spammed. It needs to be nerfed.
this is the truth.. keep an eye out next WZ's you play.. i count 3-4 smash specs in most rounds, its just getting stupid now. it needs a slight nerf.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Masarko
01.23.2013 , 04:23 PM | #4
I understand how annoying it is to face a team of warriors i faced 7 today
As OP writes, smashers jumps into a crowd for most usefullnes of the smash, but also tends to put themself in a dangerous position, also if people spread out more they will see a difference.

Once someone posts about how someone smashed them for 9k this thread is a joke, why?
- Because with pvp gear it wont happen, ive seen a 13k sorc, most ove sweeped him for was 9,8 without inspiraton
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police

Whitering
01.23.2013 , 04:34 PM | #5
Well, if you face 7 warriors you are toast if even just three focus you, like, really toast, more so than if three Sins ganked you at the same time. It's not so much that you die, but that you die quickly along with everyone else close by.

Way, way back when talking pre-release about this game, its the type of MMO situation they were claiming to do away with in Swtor along with chain stunning/dead. They have kind of failed on both fronts, though the chain stunning isn't nearly as bad now as it was in early Jan 2012.

Jherad
01.23.2013 , 04:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lordkhouri View Post
People need to realize that smash spec is not as severely overpowered as people say it is. With some simple warzone awareness, a group could realize that the jugg that's placed himself between 4-5 enemies is actually guaranteed to die if those targets would just turn and attack him.
Let me guess. You play a guardian/jugg or mara/sent. Only someone defending their own class would try to justify things with a 'but but all you need to do is bring a group to kill me!' defense. LOL.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

steaktrooper
01.23.2013 , 04:52 PM | #7
We just have to wait until the expansion, then they will balance out all of the classes. Why balance them out now when you will just have to do it again in a couple months?
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

Ybini
01.23.2013 , 05:04 PM | #8
You don't have to be focused, you just have to be near someone who's being focused. Nodes are objective they have to be attempted, so you get people gathered up in one spot. 4 smashers at 6k a pop is 24k hp gone to anyone in the area thats pretty much a clean sweep for anyone even in the most advanced gear that didn't have some mitigation ability up.

xxdragonragexx
01.23.2013 , 05:05 PM | #9
An AOE shouldn't be the most damaging ability in the game or any game. It shouldn't hit harder than single damage. It shouldn't be given to a TANK. The best DPS ability should be given to dps or caster dps and not a tank.

Lastly, a pvp spec should not have a big advantage in terms of gear or stat returns. While every class spends stat points on crit to maximize dps, a smasher does not need crit and can put those points into surge.

When you combine all of this, it is easy to see that the spec is OP. However, I do not have a problem with this because I play a marauder that is smash spec also.

-IceHawk-
01.23.2013 , 05:05 PM | #10
Remember how OP Chain-Lightning on Wrath was?

How much it was ruining Warzones?

How Bioware specifically destroyed an entire AC's PVP play style without replacing it with something else?

Rage hits for more than Wrath-CL ever did.