Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 04:03 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi again GoodGuyChuck,

Did you try running the chkdsk?

If you haven't already please can you try creating a new Windows User Profile(with admin rights) to see if this changes the situation at all. You can try this as well distiny.

Wittyavenger,

Due to a huge number of setups and conflicts that can occur, files can very easily become corrupted during the patching process, due to hardware or software issues.
Spoiler

Thanks for your patience.
Making a new account changes nothing, chkdsk showed no errors.

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 04:10 PM | #72
Couldnt post the reliability report here, it was too much charachters. I uploaded it instead. I can guarantee it is no viruses involved.

ShinDarklighter
01.24.2013 , 04:38 PM | #73
Same problem for me, yet again. Every week they patch the game I usually have to spend a day trying to fix it so I can even play it. This week nothing is working period. Even trying to reinstall fails at installing main assets 1 every time(ok not every time sometimes it dies on installing english video 1). Program just stops working and have to cancle with the task manager. It would be nice to actually be able to play the game I am paying for. Just saying.

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 05:02 PM | #74
Bioware... Im waiting...

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 05:46 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by GoodGuyChuck View Post
I am trying to move it to C: and it has space but it wont move anything past swtor_main_art_creature_npc_1.tor so now I will test memtest.
GoodGuyChuck,

I am presuming you have one hard drive and 2 petitions on the same drive

The line above are you saying that when you tried to move the files from D to C it failed ?
Does this fail on a reboot without trying to run swtor at all ?
Please confirm if this is what is occuring

distiny
01.24.2013 , 06:32 PM | #76
Bronholz,

I succeeded at patching after 2 days

HOW:

- Deleted the suggested files (assets.blabla etc) and launcher.settings/launcher.exe
- Made new Admin user account
- Rebooted
- Disabled Antivirus & Firewall
- ran fixlauncher
- let launcher update
- run launcher
- game updated to 100%
- removed the temp user account.

Thanks & I hope this helps others

Jofunukun
01.24.2013 , 06:50 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by distiny View Post
Bronholz,

I succeeded at patching after 2 days

HOW:

- Deleted the suggested files (assets.blabla etc) and launcher.settings/launcher.exe
- Made new Admin user account
- Rebooted
- Disabled Antivirus & Firewall
- ran fixlauncher
- let launcher update
- run launcher
- game updated to 100%
- removed the temp user account.

Thanks & I hope this helps others
I am trying this solution now.. Because my previous fix got stuck at Installing Main Assets 1 around 75%

If this doesn't work I don't know what will.. And I will be quitting my subscription and stop playing..
It ran fine before the last update, tho I had desktop crashes from time to time.. Which I blame on running on 64bit. But now it won't even install the main assets completely, even re installed the game from scrath wich had no success.

I know it's not my pc, I know it's not my internet connection. Because on my brothers pc, which is on the same network the update went fine.. Something is wrong with the patch in certain area's is what I think..

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 07:19 PM | #78
I get no crashes on win 7 64bit , so not sure what is happening to cause you crashes.

Jofunukun
01.24.2013 , 08:24 PM | #79
Well, the above didn't fix anything, got stuck on 27% again..
I wiped everything again, even ran CCleaner over my register, now trying if installing the game on my SSD instead of my HDD gives any differences.. If not I sure as hell don't know what the problem is or could be..

Paul_Cousins
01.24.2013 , 09:24 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi again GoodGuyChuck,

So of the files are becoming corrupted during the patching process and forcing the launcher to keep recreating them.

Please can you go to the game folder and delete these two files:
  • patcher.version
  • retailclient_swtor.version
Please then reboot your computer and try to patch again. If this still continues to stick please post the log of that attempt.

For testing purposes would you have space to move swtor to the other drive?

Thanks.
I have been having problems also.

Do you think it would just be a good idea to just do a clean install of the game and wait until after tomorrow's patch update to patch the game?