Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 08:38 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by KrishnaeMarcelle View Post
The launcher works, but when I click "Play" the game gets stuck on the loading screen. I've tried updating the video drives.
Please advise if this gets the game to start

for ease of accessing the folder where the settings and so on are saved please see below:
1.Open with [Windows]-key + [R] the 'Run'-window.
2.Copy the below line into the window and hit 'OK':

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

delete the file called client_settings, when you launch the game just set your display settings up again

KrishnaeMarcelle
01.24.2013 , 09:05 AM | #42
not work!

Wayii, ni mirdala dalal'ika!

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 09:11 AM | #43
not work!

You have played ok before on this computer ?

KrishnaeMarcelle
01.24.2013 , 09:13 AM | #44
Yes. Before the update yesterday I was playing normally!

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 09:21 AM | #45
Yes. Before the update yesterday I was playing normally!

Can you try a clean boot to eliminate 3rd party programs, if you use programs like mumble please close them they can cause this game to crash on startup.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

KrishnaeMarcelle
01.24.2013 , 10:00 AM | #46
I tried as instructed and the problem persists.

ConnorSalak
01.24.2013 , 10:42 AM | #47
1. Run chkdsk & check for viruses
2. Run repair repeatedly until it finds nothing to fix
- If repair always tries to fix something (same number/size of corrupted files) delete the assets_swtor_main* folder
and repeat step 2
3. Try to start SWTOR

Good luck!

SILVERghostt
01.24.2013 , 11:18 AM | #48
give me a break. the person posting above you does NOT have a virus. as they stated this all started with the new patch.

and I KNOW I do NOT have a virus and I have not been able to play either since this latest patch. I tried this and that fix and one fix a customer service person said would NOT reinstall the whole game and guess what? after deleting said files it DID download the stupid game again. over 11 GB's worth. BS. and guess what? it STILL does not play.

now it just sticks in a different place. "Installing Game Client 1 (99%)" and does ***** from there. way to put out a crappy patch and knock many of what little users you have left from playing the game.

how about fix the crap and actually test patches before you put them out. game played fine before this latest patch other than the usual memory leak crap where it crashes every hour or so.

fix this crap or refund people a month worth of play time or recall this piece of crap patch.

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 12:25 PM | #49
The previous problem was solved, but now the game does not load.
Problems, problems and more problems. And all this time, without a word from Bioware.
I wanna play! The solutions indicated by the support they are unsatisfactory and now keeps silence. Can anyone help me please? I am using Windows 8 64-bits.
How did you fix the previous problem?

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 12:31 PM | #50
Ok, I have re-installed my os now. I tested one again and it is still getting stuck at 0% while I have changed my antivirus to Microsoft security essentials which I have seen being recommended by bioware. I have swtor installed on another partition if that makes any difference. I have the OS on c: and swtor and my other games on d:.