Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GoodGuyChuck
01.23.2013 , 02:15 PM | #1
Hi there! I am stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)". I have tried every solution I have seen being posted. Please... What should I do? I guess I am not the only one having this issue.

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 02:19 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings GoodGuyChuck,

Have you tried the steps below?
Spoiler

Please be aware that this may cause you to download additional files.

Additionally do you have SWTOR Unleashed on your computer? If so this can cause issues with patching so please remove it.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

GoodGuyChuck
01.23.2013 , 02:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings GoodGuyChuck,

Have you tried the steps below?
Spoiler

Please be aware that this may cause you to download additional files.

Additionally do you have SWTOR Unleashed on your computer? If so this can cause issues with patching so please remove it.

I did those steps earlier, and I recently removed swtor unleashed. The folder and the imdisk software.

Geneari
01.23.2013 , 02:26 PM | #4
I feel for you Chuck, I have similar problems. I got my patch to download, but it won't install. Stuck at Main Assests 100 (15%). No matter what I do, it won't install past this point. Do not offer me a solution of installing in safe mode--I won't do it. If you have other suggestions I'd like to hear it. If you can't fix it, I'll probably cancel my subscription because there's no point in paying for something I can't use.

GoodGuyChuck
01.23.2013 , 02:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
I feel for you Chuck, I have similar problems. I got my patch to download, but it won't install. Stuck at Main Assests 100 (15%). No matter what I do, it won't install past this point. Do not offer me a solution of installing in safe mode--I won't do it. If you have other suggestions I'd like to hear it. If you can't fix it, I'll probably cancel my subscription because there's no point in paying for something I can't use.
Same here, no way I am paying for something I cant use. Please fix this bioware. I mean come on, I can download all of it, but when I am going to install it, it wont.

Tavox
01.23.2013 , 02:29 PM | #6
I am stuck at installing Main Assets 100 at 91%!

This is the first time for the past year that I have ever had any issues patching..
TAVOX BRUTAV
FURY - Prophecy of the Five
The Shadowfire Legacy

There is no emotion, there is peace. Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 03:24 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Please post up a copy of your most recent launcher logs within spoiler tags("[spoiler][/spoiler])

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt

If the log is too large to fit, please post the bottom section as this is the most recent and most relevant.

Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Dela_mo
01.23.2013 , 03:27 PM | #8
Well, I did everything that was described in posts above, erased files, started PC in safe mode, no help. With heavy hart I must say, if something is not done in resonoble time (3-4 days), I´ll cancel my subscrition, after a year without a single problem....

ConnorSalak
01.23.2013 , 03:55 PM | #9
Had the same problem today, in my case the reason was a bad assets*.zip file.

#1 Run chkdsk first to look for file corruption caused by your HDD
#2 Delete the assets_swtor_XXX_XXX folder to remove faulty containers (*.zip)

SWTOR will only download the patch once unless you delete the associated assets, so if one of those files is corrupted you will never succeed with the installation!
My guess is that one failed CRC while unpacking the container crashes/stops the installer (an error message would be helpful here BW !)

Good luck!

Dela_mo
01.23.2013 , 04:08 PM | #10
I do not know, i tried absolutly everything i can think off, also thing you describe, still no help...
Well after 5 hours of this I do not have will to continue, not today anyway, thanx for your help.