Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heh

Whitering
01.23.2013 , 11:55 AM | #1
So, I came back to the game after year off and I've only logged on my 50 Trooper to do some crafting and companion gathering. But last night there was some guy spamming, for a while, the need for healers in some HM Op (the one with the big Rakata at the end), so disclosed my new ineptitude. I got the group wiped once, but they were good about it. Had a tough time against my one on one guy I was just basically spamming abilities there heh.

Anyway, it was fun despite my cluelessness. Got a couple pieces of Rakata gear out of it.

I can say the trooper was fun, but I have more fun leveling than grinding end game, so I probably will run some 2 men heroics and what not to try and get the feel back in case I am needed again in the future, gear him up slowly so he can actually be of assistance.

Also, though I have my button on my hotbar (Y) for my big heal, it would cast the heal but also open the legacy ui. What's up with that? lol. There was no legacy system when I last played the game but it's annoying. I didn't have time to go in and change it, fortunately double tapping Y closes the UI at the same time. Fortunately that heal has a cool down so I wasn't going to have an seizure from the flashing screen heh

So I sucked but think I was useful in the end, hopefully.

rob_y
01.23.2013 , 07:01 PM | #2
Thanks?
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Whitering
01.24.2013 , 12:19 PM | #3
Just a flavour of life, feel good post, are you anxious because I didn't ask any stupid questions?

Ridickilis
01.24.2013 , 12:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
Also, though I have my button on my hotbar (Y) for my big heal, it would cast the heal but also open the legacy ui. What's up with that? lol. There was no legacy system when I last played the game but it's annoying. I didn't have time to go in and change it, fortunately double tapping Y closes the UI at the same time. Fortunately that heal has a cool down so I wasn't going to have an seizure from the flashing screen heh
Go to ctrl-p, keybinding, then interface. I think the legacy keybind is at the bottom of that list, unbind and profit. Y is the default bind for legacy.

Ran into the same problem when legacy first came out, I was like AAAHHHHHH ***?!?! Just keep it unbound, if you really need to see the panel you can click the icon at the top of the screen.

Whitering
01.24.2013 , 12:46 PM | #5
Ya, I did that after, but I really only noticed when we were fighting the boss and I was running around trying to keep up and generally feeling lost because I literally hadn't touched that guy in year. Good group though, I probably could have asked them to hold up but I didn't heh

I guess I just didn't realize you could bind the same key to different functions and maybe you normally can't, in which case the game should have recognized my key bindings are more important than a hotkey for something you can pull up with a mouse whenever you need (ie, you will never need the legacy screen in an emergency lol)