Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch download stuck at 35% -- Main Assets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patch download stuck at 35% -- Main Assets
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 01:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GoodGuyChuck View Post
Indeed, people always gets this problem after patches. How come you never fix it? You must know the solution since you fix it somehow, but we have to wait for hours, or days.
Would liek an answer. You're taking my money -- at least you could allow me to play it by fixing this mess YOU created.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 01:04 PM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Oh Lord. I just clicked the link, and selected to run the file. A dialogue popped up and asked if I wanted to re-install the game. I picked "no" and canceled it. I now tried the patch download again and am getting exactly what you got. Stuck now at Main Assets 100 -- 0%.

It got worse. At least before I was stuck at 35%
It doesn't reinstall the game, what it does is reinstall the latest version of the launcher and setup files. It will recognise the files you have already downloaded.

Did you try running the launcher in safe mode? Same question to the other posters in the thread.

Additionally are any of you using SWTOR Unleashed? This can cause patching issues so please remove this if you are.

Also what Anti-Virus are you using?

Thank you.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 01:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
It doesn't reinstall the game, what it does is reinstall the latest version of the launcher and setup files. It will recognise the files you have already downloaded.

Did you try running the launcher in safe mode? Same question to the other posters in the thread.

Additionally are any of you using SWTOR Unleashed? This can cause patching issues so please remove this if you are.

Thank you.
I dont use any anti-virus, I don't use any firewalls. I dont surf the net looking for P-o-r-n so I have no use for these game killers. Yes I tried exactly what you said. EVERYTHING. I went from being stuck at 35% to being stuck at 0%.

Thank you for mentioning the garbage known as SWTOR unleashed. I dont use it, but it is still installed I will remove it now and see if it works.

pyber
01.23.2013 , 01:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post

Thank you.
Going to try the Safe Mode thing shortly, once I'm done what I'm doing and can reboot my system again. I'll let you know if it works for me.

I don't know what Unleashed is, so its safe to assume I don't have it. And I use the free version of Avast AV software, which has never caused me any problems with previous patches, going all the way back to general testing in August 2011. In fact, this is the first time I've ever encountered an issue with a patch, period, and its highly aggravating. Is this not something that would have been found if the patch were being properly tested before being pushed to live?
NOM

Vanduul
01.23.2013 , 01:31 PM | #15
Well, just like everyone else and every other time, I cannot get the patch to complete. I am going on 4 hours now of trying to patch. Every time, the patcher gets stuck at some random percentage, I have to use Task Manager to close it. Then when I restart it, I get the "Repair" message. That take another 45 minutes to complete and then it gets stuck AGAIN.

No offense to the developers, but come on people. I think even I could program better than you guys do. And NO, I'm not sitting with my PC unprotected in safe mode just so your shoddily engineered patcher can function properly. YOU fix it, I'm paying for a (supposedly) working product.

I don't know what SWTOR Unleashed is, so that is not the culprit for me. On my FIFTH patch attempt, made it to 42% this time. Previous attempts were 35, 11, 14 , & 19. MAYBE I will get to play sometime this week.

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 01:43 PM | #16
Ok it works now.

Seems like SWTOR UNLEASHED was my culprit. Even though I had stopped using it, I had not completely removed this garbage-coded malice from my computer.

I will thank you Mr. Bioware for mentioning the unleashed "program" as a possible problem. It was for me.

Thank you.

pyber
01.23.2013 , 02:48 PM | #17
Posting here as well since I said I would. Running the launcher in Safe Mode did allow things to work as intended, and my client is now patched and launching properly. Note that I don't have this Unleashed thing, so that wasn't an issue for me. This was simply something stupid with the patch or launcher that broke it, seeing as nothing on my system was changed since my last successful login last night prior to downtime. The only change was the download and attempted installation of this morning's patch.
NOM

LadyVix
01.23.2013 , 03:46 PM | #18
I tried it all... didn't work, so I uninstalled. Don't need the frustration, so I'll go back to Rift.

Dela_mo
01.23.2013 , 03:53 PM | #19
Same here, tried everything, safe mode, no unleash thing on the system....nothing happens, installiing main asset 100 (0%). This is first time after a year something like this is happening.....well I hope you people will resolve this in 4-5 days...if not, then there is only one thing to do....

Vanduul
01.23.2013 , 04:56 PM | #20
Well, I'm TRYING to patch from Safe Mode, which I am not fond of, due to the vulnerability of my machine. I'm now approaching 7 hours of trying to patch the game. There are about 3-4 current posts about issues during this patch update. It must be rough to be one of the "Devs" when almost every response is a scripted reply to put the onus on the Customer/Player.

Its also quite obvious from the patch notes that BioWare is more concerned about bilking more money out of the players that "have to have the latest and greatest" of everything, instead of rebuilding their client base by truly fixing the issues that affect us all. I mean really, how hard is it to find out why the companion faceplate won't return to its appropriate position after leaving a group?

I know it would never happen, but as a player community and paying customers, we should all just suspend our accounts for a few months. The fear of the lost revenue MIGHT push them into actually doing substantive corrections, instead of wasting time on more money sinks. I think they did a wonderful job on the story lines, its just a shame the ill-coded program can't support it and there is such a lack of content.