Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darklordpotter
01.23.2013 , 12:42 PM | #11
The point surely is that they could have in fact should have done better to reward those people willing to preorder given the current condition of the game. (And no I'm not one of them).

Like I don't know dedicated animations, adaptive Hutt Cartel armour, a starship reskin. Something that shows they put some actual thought and care into it rather than something which probably took some poor sod of an intern ten minutes to crank out and will show up on the CM within a month of release anyway.

Isious
01.23.2013 , 12:44 PM | #12
Anyways I was not expecting to receive any items besides the 5-days before release...so I thank you for this cool items....i really really like the portable training statue and the pet ty again!

Jeweledleah
01.23.2013 , 12:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiibbyy View Post
I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies. In fact - some game stores are not even stocking games now-a-days because of Digital Download. Which kind of kills themselves off .... but that's a whole different discussions. But it's not like ... "OMG! I have to Pre-Order something cause they are going to run out of copies!"

But, if one really wants to do that pre-order stuff and get those things that is perfectly fine. You get some nifty things for your characters ingame to show off. It's not going to hurt anything really.

I'm just saying, the whole "Pre-Ordering" concept is kind of silly. It dated back to really old times when games did come out in cardboard boxes and disks and sometimes a game was so popular the store did run out of copies. But in this day and age, it is not really necessary, it is just marketing. Oh and before the BW and EA haters jump on it and say "OMG they are so piggy" Blizzard does the exact same thing.
nowadays, preorders usually come with preloads. in other words, you get to download your game while the "traffic" is less congested, so you get to do it faster. its not that much of a difference if you don't care about playing right away, but for some people it can make a difference, not having to leave their computer downloading for an entire day, because everyone else is doing it at the same time.

Syart
01.23.2013 , 12:57 PM | #14
I already pre-ordered, didn't need free stuff to encourage me, it's just icing on the cake And it's free stuff people, if you don't like/want it, don't use it, no need to moan about it. English proverb: don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Personally I think having a portable trainer for all my characters will be fantastic, and I can look forward to having a cute little walking plant to follow me around too
Control, passion, diligence: these three principles shape your world.

Lord Scourge: To repeat a mistake and expect a beneficial outcome is a sign of insanity.

Rankyn
01.23.2013 , 01:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiibbyy View Post
I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies..
Pre-Orders help everyone in the supply chain (developers, publishers, suppliers, retailers, etc) estimate the demand for something and, in the case of digital distribution, some capital up front to work with.

By helping them anticipate demand and supply cash, they offer rewards to try to entice you into their data/cash pool.

Tordos
01.23.2013 , 01:07 PM | #16
I am glad they decided to include some exclusive items and a title for the pre-order.

MadHobbit
01.23.2013 , 01:22 PM | #17
well free is nice, i pre-ordered even as I don't have any lvl 50 and not planning on PL to get there before the release.I do think this should have been announced before with the original announcments,i can imagine this may be in part to respond to people like me who said >"i don't have a 50 so this is limited use to me"

shudon
01.23.2013 , 01:25 PM | #18
Nice! A holo trainer, that will be handy for my leveling alts. The current ones are pricey.

CharlieBrown
01.23.2013 , 02:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by shudon View Post
Nice! A holo trainer, that will be handy for my leveling alts. The current ones are pricey.
My thoughts exactly. I have 2 Malgus statues and 1 Satele statue that float around my various alts. I forget which one is where and only realize I don't have it when I level during a flashpoint and I want to train up.

This will allow me to have one on every character with the added bonus of being able to sell the Malgus and Satele statues at a premium down the road.
Fiera MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five

TheHunterC
01.23.2013 , 03:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Samurai_Dom View Post
The pet looks awesome!

Was not expecting anything else but the 5 days, so this is nice. Thank you BW!
Agreed! Question: if we did already preorder it for the five extra days, will we get this stuff?
I know stupid question but better safe than sorry
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner