Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game randomly logs off and get stuck on loading screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game randomly logs off and get stuck on loading screen

Xekz
01.24.2013 , 04:58 PM | #31
I am having the same issue and have had it since yesterday. I submitted a ticket to BW both on the website and in-game. They responded with the standard fixes which either did not apply to me or I tried with no success. It is obvious that something in the patch is affecting certain individuals as I have never had an issue logging into the game and staying logged on for extended periods of time until the 1-23-2013 patch was deployed. It seems like every patch they push out, a certain number of individuals cannot connect or stay connected to the game. If I was a FTP person, it probably would not be that big of an issue to me. But, since I am a suscriber, it's a whole different ball game as I am now wasting money becuase I cannot play due to circumstances beyond my control but in complete control of BW.

Xekz
01.24.2013 , 05:26 PM | #32
I ran the repair function on the launcher which repaired 11 files and seems to have fixed the issue. I was able to log in, change characters, and walk around on Belsavis. Recommend this as a potential fix.

Nataph
01.24.2013 , 05:58 PM | #33
This has been happening since last night for me. I am not using a wireless router but connected straight into the computer. Not only this but I am running into an invisible wall in my own Consular ship therefore its not the amount of people that is causing this. I also am noticing that I am unable to pan out/in camera but I am stuck at 1st person.
This is rather annoying. another night without my addictive mmo drug.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

DarthInsiria
01.24.2013 , 08:09 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Xekz View Post
I ran the repair function on the launcher which repaired 11 files and seems to have fixed the issue. I was able to log in, change characters, and walk around on Belsavis. Recommend this as a potential fix.
This method seem to work fine as it fixed my problem with Corellia, also recommend it.

Nataph
01.24.2013 , 10:18 PM | #35
I have repaired with my fixlauncher and still having problems. I am unable to do much and I then get booted. I have reset my modem, not wireless, and still same problems. I am hoping their patch tomorrow morning fixes it. Unfortunately, their silence bothers me.
The Bastion

55's Ixzaran Aar'siah Hâdassah Hada'ssah Nashata Nataph Sashasa

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 10:26 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataph View Post
I have repaired with my fixlauncher and still having problems. I am unable to do much and I then get booted. I have reset my modem, not wireless, and still same problems. I am hoping their patch tomorrow morning fixes it. Unfortunately, their silence bothers me.
Fixlauncher is only for issues repairing the launcher not in the game, when you login to the launcher before you hit play there is a cog on the lower left in there is a repair function for the game files.

Doubt that will fix your problem but it is better to run the repair on the game files then just the launcher.

thebvp
01.24.2013 , 10:45 PM | #37
For two or three days now, I've had the same issue- the game boots me to a loading screen that hangs at around 25%. Sometimes it'll go a while (I was able to do a full operation today), but other times, like just now, it'll happen a few seconds after logging in. I'm so glad I checked the forums before slamming my head on my desk in frustration.

I'm currently trying the repair scan, but I've also flushed my dns cache and deleted the swtor cache file. Hopefully one of these will do the trick and I'll keep you posted.

dewayne
01.24.2013 , 10:58 PM | #38
ill add my name to the list three times on jk on alderaan
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Alixithir
01.24.2013 , 10:58 PM | #39
Strangely, I just got hit by this problem only an hour ago but within that short time frame, I've already had this happen three times. Kind of makes getting anything done just a bit difficult...

thebvp
01.24.2013 , 11:02 PM | #40
I think I may have fixed the problem. Here's what I did:

1) Flush your DNS cache. From the desktop, hit the start menu icon, then type "run" in the Search Programs and Files field, then type "cmd" at the next window and "ipconfig /flushdns" in the command prompt that pops up.

2) Delete the SWTOR cache. If you installed at the default location, navigate to C: => Program Files (x86) => Electronic Arts => BioWare => Star Wars - The Old Republic => swtor and delete "DiskCacheArena." This file is created every time you start SWTOR, so it's safe to delete.

3) Run the repair tool. Log in with the launcher, hit the gear in the lower left corner before starting SWTOR and run the repair tool.

Honestly, I don't know which of these three (or maybe a combination?) did the trick, but I've been running around the GTC for fifteen minutes now without a hitch and the problem seems to be the worst around high traffic areas.

Edit: I'm running Windows 7.