Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game randomly logs off and get stuck on loading screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game randomly logs off and get stuck on loading screen

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 09:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
Same problem here. I'm losing patience.

~Eggs
same problem
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

magebne
01.23.2013 , 10:28 PM | #12
Can someone tell us what to do? I bought this game two days ago and I'm having this problem.

Chaoswielder
01.23.2013 , 10:59 PM | #13
Same problem while idling on fleet.

A wild loading screen appears!
Loading screen used freeze game.
It was super effective!
Star Wars: The Old Republic is not responding.

It seems like every patch makes this game more broken, how do you introduce so much crap like this in a 30MB patch lmao
Unsubbed 09/01/13 awaiting an action for APAC players.[/center]

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 11:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhidr View Post
Alright, possible FIX (but probably just a weird coincidence) - I updated firmware on my wifi router and switched the channel from "Auto" to "1". Doesnt make any sense, but the game is running now about 3 hours without lags and most importantly still no stucking on loading screen.
Yes router firmware has been known to cause your issue, that is why updates are released for firmware to resolve issues with the router. Changing the channel from auto to 1 can help as well, if another wireless network nearby is using the same channel as yours this can create interference.

Chaoswielder
01.23.2013 , 11:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Yes router firmware has been known to cause your issue, that is why updates are released for firmware to resolve issues with the router. Changing the channel from auto to 1 can help as well, if another wireless network nearby is using the same channel as yours this can create interference.
So you're saying it's just a coincidence that everyone is having disconnect and load screen issues and that all our routers need updating?

BioWare released a crappy patch with crappy bugs, it's their job to fix it.

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 11:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoswielder View Post
So you're saying it's just a coincidence that everyone is having disconnect and load screen issues and that all our routers need updating?

BioWare released a crappy patch with crappy bugs, it's their job to fix it.
No i am saying the OP updated the firmware on his router and his issue was gone, he asked if it was possible that was the cause, the answer to that is most definately yes.

Take the blinkers off you have tunnel vision i'm afraid.

Edit - one person's fix doesn't mean it fixes the next person simply because the symptoms appear the same.

RikiWataru
01.23.2013 , 11:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhidr View Post
Hi!

For the last hour and a half I get randomly semi log off (never on character screen, the game gets stuck with loading bar in 1/4). It happened 8 times already - I have to alt tab after a few minutes of waiting.

Anyone else having this issue? It is PRETTY annoying
Exact same thing happened 5 times to me today. You have to close the non responsive load screen as it just sticks at 1/4 and won't close or continue on it's own. Obviously from the maintenance.

Chaoswielder
01.23.2013 , 11:45 PM | #18
No i am saying the OP updated the firmware on his router and his issue was gone, he asked if it was possible that was the cause, the answer to that is most definately yes.

Take the blinkers off you have tunnel vision i'm afraid.

Edit - one person's fix doesn't mean it fixes the next person simply because the symptoms appear the same.
Just logging back in several times fixed the issue for me, working for OP after updating his router firmware would've been a coincidence. It has never happened to him before until this patch, it is most definitely a client-side issue, not with his setup.

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 11:51 PM | #19
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...3921?page=2#23

Read this thread, several issues one was utorrent interferring and causing the router to fall over.

A lot of causes exist, sometimes it can be server side but that actually is a very low percentage across all mmos

What ever issue you have in swtor, google the other mmos bet a similar issue exists with them as well.

Chaoswielder
01.24.2013 , 12:36 AM | #20
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...3921?page=2#23

Read this thread, several issues one was utorrent interferring and causing the router to fall over.

A lot of causes exist, sometimes it can be server side but that actually is a very low percentage across all mmos

What ever issue you have in swtor, google the other mmos bet a similar issue exists with them as well.
While the router config may be a contributing factor, it is not the cause. The 'cause' was introduced in last night's patch and it is not the responsibility of the end-user to resolve the issue. If it is affecting a large portion of players (as it clearly is), it is not a viable solution for everyone to update their router firmware.