Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

donthedondon
01.24.2013 , 04:36 PM | #41
Good original post devildog , i'm happy to see someone else putting some effort into this. I'm also suprised to see devil taking some initiave imp side maybe i misjudged you , i just hope your initiative has good intentions behind it. I'd love to see someone do the same thing impside , i've been saying it from the start. I will try to get the pug ranked going tonight, many people have been whispering me dissapointed that i'm no longer forming up the groups. I'm hoping uncensored will communicate with me and we can pick a few steady nights a week to do the pug ranked and other nights if people wanna form up and face guild teams that'd be great also. All i was asking for was the guilds to help me with this and not stomp the pugs , unicorn stampede was saying they q on wednesday / friday i think those are great nights to do full guild ranked. I'm thinking sunday , monday , thursday for pug ranked ? any feedback would be great then we can make a solid post to inform everyone.

foxmob
01.24.2013 , 05:24 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Utopii View Post
Ranked pvp, by design, was created for high level of pvp play. A place where organized, competitive and talented guilds could slug it out. It was a place to escape the bitter cold truth of pugs and play with like minded players and guildies who are just as good as you are and take it just as serious.
funny, I always thought rated was a tiered pvp system in which similarly talented (i.e. ranked) teams were matched up against each other. however, only having 3 or 4 teams in the queue at any given time pretty much wrecks that idea as well.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deěnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

totherkins
01.24.2013 , 06:10 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by donthedondon View Post
Good original post devildog , i'm happy to see someone else putting some effort into this. I'm also suprised to see devil taking some initiave imp side maybe i misjudged you , i just hope your initiative has good intentions behind it. I'd love to see someone do the same thing impside , i've been saying it from the start. I will try to get the pug ranked going tonight, many people have been whispering me dissapointed that i'm no longer forming up the groups. I'm hoping uncensored will communicate with me and we can pick a few steady nights a week to do the pug ranked and other nights if people wanna form up and face guild teams that'd be great also. All i was asking for was the guilds to help me with this and not stomp the pugs , unicorn stampede was saying they q on wednesday / friday i think those are great nights to do full guild ranked. I'm thinking sunday , monday , thursday for pug ranked ? any feedback would be great then we can make a solid post to inform everyone.
Sounds good to me and yea devil had 2 imp pug groups going yesterday I am fine with doing imp pugs ranked on these days and help organizing if neeeded. Are we all going to be on devildog's mumble server for this imp and pug or have a imp mumble channel and a pub mumble?
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

Shreb
01.24.2013 , 08:52 PM | #44
yup... imps are welcome on my server as well
Devíldog, Cheerleader, Shreb, Redskín, Devildög, Magnanimous
<The Doofenschmirtz Legacy>

Theadosia
01.24.2013 , 09:14 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhrasur View Post
I thought pubs could use bad rep mumble and imps could use virtus and honor mumble?
Our mumble is open to everyone anytime; imp or pub side. It holds 75 now but Yuri and I can up it if needed. If you need the info let someone know, most of the regular pvp'ers have it.

As for kickball, I'm always around to annoy others with my bubble stun and will gladly help organize groups if I'm needed.
Synseer*Quinnilyn*Gynuine*Bijou
The Distortion Legacy
<Lethal Dose 50>

Shreb
01.25.2013 , 09:04 AM | #46
OK... will be putting ranked pugs together tonight at 8PM (Friday). I'll also advertise over the /pubpvp channel. Mumble is all set up for us to use and I will share that information. Try to whisper me a little earlier than 8PM to I can start forming the ops for the "draft" if that's how we end up splitting up. I'll probably be on Devildog, but if we are short on heals, I can go on Cheerleader.

If there ends up being imp pugs and they need mumble, just jump on a rep alt and whisper me in game. FYI the 'i' in Devíldog is an alt code. It's alt 0237 or you who /who Republic Gentlemen to find me, but again, I'll probably start broading cast and forming an Ops group around 745.

I think we all know that CM did a great job with this, so bear with me if I'm not as cool as him. Oh and CM... sorry for Jugg Smashing you non-stop on Redskín the other day when you were on Rippernine. You were in a total pug and had to go after the best. May have marked you too :P
Devíldog, Cheerleader, Shreb, Redskín, Devildög, Magnanimous
<The Doofenschmirtz Legacy>

johnnyreece
01.25.2013 , 09:46 AM | #47
Awesome! Any Imp-side queuing up tonight? I think I'll be in for a late night, if anyone wants a DPS/bubblestun sorc.

Or, I could bring my WAAAAAY undergeared Op healer. Ran into a group with Vasyel, Candygurl, and Cheerleader the other day on that toon...THAT was fun...Can't wait to get into full WH. I've got about 2,500 ranked coms and I flat-out refuse to trade them in for regulars.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

RiseOfDeath
01.25.2013 , 10:51 AM | #48
I've been a bit busy lately, but my schedule's better now so I'll be up for joining any ranked teams whenever. Need to pvp more.

... I'm thinking of getting a pub to 50 too.... no, can't give in to the pressure!

.... if I did though what would be best? My only pub is a mid level sage as a crafting toon atm. I'd probably make a new toon...
Fanatic - 8 Imperial 50s
Torva Nex

Partygurl
01.25.2013 , 11:37 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by RiseOfDeath View Post
I've been a bit busy lately, but my schedule's better now so I'll be up for joining any ranked teams whenever. Need to pvp more.

... I'm thinking of getting a pub to 50 too.... no, can't give in to the pressure!

.... if I did though what would be best? My only pub is a mid level sage as a crafting toon atm. I'd probably make a new toon...

shadow..cough.. that you promised me:P Love you!
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH

Dhrasur
01.25.2013 , 12:06 PM | #50
Don't do it Fanatic... you'd never comeback!

I'm supposed to get the +10 datacron with Hakuna Matata tonight, if we don't do it or when I'm done with it, I will see what I can do with imps pug side. Although that's assuming I don't do ranked with Uncensored, but we have a lot of people online now in comparison to before.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]