Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

Partygurl
01.23.2013 , 01:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shreb View Post
Thanks for chiming in all. This might start a little slow as we are revamping things, but I'll look into getting our own vent or mumble set up. I do agree Wednesdays seem to work best. I know I'll be on tonight. We can also set Barbie's priviledges to listen mode if she ends up wanting to talk to much :P

I'll continue to use /pubpvp.

One last thing I've always been confused about. Why do people go to PVE servers if they only want to PVP? Never understood that.
Hey you would be bored.. maybe next time I will remind you to be in right cell for damage OOOOOOOO
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH

EnzoForMe
01.23.2013 , 01:48 PM | #12
IMO, the only way to get better at ranked pvp (which of course has an entirely different dynamic than regs) is to play teams that are better than you. Sometimes you win, usually you lose. The point is, you'll start to see what works and what doesn't. Having said that, I'm always willing to captain or play on a pug ranked team both to have fun and help less experianced players. Add me on Caprica of you'd like.
Caprica<Hakuna Matata>

Free Transfer/Subscription : http://www.swtor.com/r/7Q7NN6

Partygurl
01.23.2013 , 02:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
IMO, the only way to get better at ranked pvp (which of course has an entirely different dynamic than regs) is to play teams that are better than you. Sometimes you win, usually you lose. The point is, you'll start to see what works and what doesn't. Having said that, I'm always willing to captain or play on a pug ranked team both to have fun and help less experianced players. Add me on Caprica of you'd like.
Caprica log in like now I love joo and I do agree with Cap we should all practice! Btw Cap is mine.
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH

SpaniardInfinity
01.23.2013 , 03:14 PM | #14
Likewise, if you need a tank I don't mind guarding some healers on my Vanguard (Praetorian) or my Guardian (Northern).
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

nidalad
01.23.2013 , 03:36 PM | #15
I've said before but I'll say again, I'll heal either faction if needed and I'm not running with Uncensored but if I end being needed I'll have to drop group.

The only barrier it seems is a chat client, once/if Devildog or someone else sets that up there's no reason kick-ball can't continue as before you'll just face tougher competition and as such might want to put a bit more focus on comps.
Moonrunner

leijae
01.23.2013 , 03:59 PM | #16
<--- creeper lfg rpvp
<--- tankish/dpsish
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

Dhrasur
01.23.2013 , 04:33 PM | #17
One last thing I've always been confused about. Why do people go to PVE servers if they only want to PVP? Never understood that.
This is my first mmo and I had no idea I'd even try a warzone once when I got into this game. PvP sounded like a bad thing in a game like a mmorpg. That may be because I used to play RTS I don't really know. Anyway I started playing with having only PvE in mind but when my real life friends stopped playing, I lost my interest for PvE mostly.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

Krayshawn
01.23.2013 , 04:49 PM | #18
OMG there is no love for the imps of this server who want to pvp GOSH, all you silly Pubs...
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

TalonKorr
01.23.2013 , 05:17 PM | #19
PvP servers are for people who want to gank lowbies.
Flak - Feesh / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut/Merc
Retired: Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

Bronaimeth
01.23.2013 , 05:18 PM | #20
Guardian tank, 3 healers(1 bubble stun) either 3 smashers 1 gunslinger/sniper or 2 and 2. This should and will be one of the best setups to combat every team running 3 healers now.

You'll be able to have 2 guarding a node, simply because you have 3 healers obviously. I'd recommend one of your smashers be a sentinel and able to respec combat/carnage for huttball.