Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mothear
01.23.2013 , 04:02 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Loucocdo View Post
maybe this is not the place to ask this question however the answer is not found anywhere else!
If the person does not buy or do not pre order the Rise of the Hutt Cartel he'll be able to play and get the level 55 or even for someone who is free to play will be able to get the lvl 55 among other bonus that is bringing Expansion ?
No they won't, level 50 is the maximum level if tou don't buy the expansion.

Beniboybling
01.23.2013 , 04:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
The annoying thing is, the Hutts have always been a 3rd wheel to the conflict - yet no game has made massive use of this potential faction. If you imagine the Empire and Republic both being 40% of the map and the Cartel owning maybe 15% of the remaining 20%... they can really make a difference.

It kinda irks me they didn't include a 'freelancer' smuggler/BH that followed the Hutt side of things - the two classes have never been 100% on one side.
I agree, I think its a good idea to explore a relatively neglected faction.

Concerning smuggler and bounty hunter I think its important that SWTOR, being an MMO, ascribes them to particular factions. But yes, while they often if not always side with Republic and Empire respectively, they do often work for Hutts. But like I said, they need to conform to the MMO format.

However I definitely feel a sense of independence from the Empire and the Republic in those classes. The first chapters at least are all about YOU, not the factions. And throughout the game you always side with whoever pays the most and whoever gets the most freedom and have perfectly 'freelance' motives for assisting Republic and Empire.

And personally my BH would side with the Empire over the Hutts, the Empire are more powerful and have more money, and the Hutt's a strictly neutral so my BH can work for them when he wants. Any 'rebellion' like Makeb will be swiftly put down, and more money can be gained by being on the winning side. Still, I reckon you can probably dabble with both sides when you get on the planet, but we shall see.

Isious
01.23.2013 , 04:10 PM | #43
I just hope this items are for low lvl too....by that i mean i have lvl20s characters and i would like them to be able to use the items that we are going to get(i.e. the pet).

TUXs
01.23.2013 , 04:14 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Hierodule View Post
Negs: Looks a bit too much like Alderan with some new skins (maybe not new skins even). Culturally looks like Alderan.
I think it looks more like Naboo than it does Alderaan - I'd like to point out that even the armor has a very "Naboo" look to it...the blue and burgundy I mean. I guess both planets are quite similar, but I kept seeing "Naboo".
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

JunkBag
01.23.2013 , 04:15 PM | #45
Honestly, they need to list all the features soon that will be in it. I want to buy it but just a planet and a few levels isent enough for the 10 bucks imo. For a expansion it should have more then what they are currently stating, i personally think it should run along the lines of:

1. New Planet - This has been confirmed.
2. New Levels - This has been confirmed.
3. New Story Quests - Hasent been confirmed if i am correct.
4. Two New PvP Warzones - No confirmation.
5. One-Two New Ops - No confirmation.
6. One-Two New Flashpoints - No confirmation.

This is what i think should be made in the expansion without a doubt about it. Just a planet that looks decent along with quests is no where near the money. They still havent said anything about the extra stuff but hopefully they do sometime soon for i can make my decision .

Izorii
01.23.2013 , 05:28 PM | #46
I actually think this looks cool. I think the only challenge will be making it seem like a world under Hutt oppression other than yet another war torn world. The concept looks good just hope the execusion is as good.

Is one planet an expansion, personaly I say no but hopefully there will be more coming out that just the single planet and 5 extra levels.

ARCCommanderDan
01.23.2013 , 05:34 PM | #47
The new planet looks really awesome actually. The graphics and scenery definitely have improved. Oh and OMG I want that yellow trooper armor so bad!

limenutpen
01.23.2013 , 05:39 PM | #48
I bought ASAP in hour one when this was announced a month ago.

What I really hope accept all other items listed by others is an engine revamp which makes this MMO work as an MMO.
Its been talked since about a year I hope this expansion brings it on.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando, Color-full: Sentinel
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut, Grandblu: Powertech, Brontolon: Sniper
Tomb of Freedom Nadd - Europe PvP Server -
Change PvP, sign here; https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-sw...edium=copyLink

Drudenfusz
01.23.2013 , 06:20 PM | #49
Looks good, can't wait to my early access. Hope that Makeb will be the first world on which all codex entries actually work.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

keizen
01.23.2013 , 07:34 PM | #50
good job looks nice! hope to play this one - preordered