Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing my assasin tank

kijthae
01.23.2013 , 03:03 AM | #1
I got a very old assasin lvl 50 that i havent played since last april.I have buff BM stalker. I bought tionese survivor set , survivor double light saber and shield generator which doesnt seem enough to tank tier 1 heroics. What is the fastest way to gather gear for the rest of the slots to be able to tank t1 hcs

Unusualsuspect
01.23.2013 , 03:09 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
I got a very old assasin lvl 50 that i havent played since last april.I have buff BM stalker. I bought tionese survivor set , survivor double light saber and shield generator which doesnt seem enough to tank tier 1 heroics. What is the fastest way to gather gear for the rest of the slots to be able to tank t1 hcs
BM stalker gear is plenty fine for a DPS to successfully run HM Flashpoints (I assume that's what you mean by "t1 hcs"), and if you have even a moderately over-geared group, SM Operations (EV and KP only - probably not EC or TFB). This would be run, obviously, as a DPS spec. Completing these will net you Columi drops, which you can then convert into Survivor gear. Once you're mostly Survivor gear, you shouldn't have any issues doing any of the tier 1 FPs and SM Ops specced as a tank (again, depending on the group), at least after you've (re-?)mastered your tanking skills.

The other option would be to grind WZs for War Hero Survivor Gear, which (while a little light on End and Willpower compared to its equivalent PvE gear) should be more than enough to kick Tier 1 HM FP and SM Op ***.

kijthae
01.23.2013 , 03:18 AM | #3
thanks

SnoggyMack
01.24.2013 , 09:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
If you feel squishy with the free Tionese survivor set, remember to fill out your other slots with the free recruit gear (your earpiece, implants, relics). Also the recruit saberstaff is a higher ranked DPS weapon (132 rating), so hits a bit harder than the Tionese saberstaff.

The mix fills out your slots that the Tionese left blank with solid gear that pushes your stats up enough to tank the stuff you say you're tanking. At least till you get comms or whatever to get better gear and what not.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"