Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operatives Knives....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Operatives Knives....

Count_Midnite
01.23.2013 , 02:34 AM | #1
Okay, so I was playing on my Scoundrel (Level 50/Scrapper) Pug WZ, and I have never really seen another Concealment Op in action against me. Stealther vs. Stealther, usually that doesn't happen very often for me. However I was playing Huttball and I noticed how he got the drop on me and used Hidden Strike , I saw the tiny knife, so I was expect a bunch of attacks that involve the Op hitting me with his tiny little joke of a knife.

Now he goes for a Shiv..... Why the hell are the Concealment Operatives knives so freaking huge!?
I mean yeah, I pull a shotgun out of nowhere and I know doesn't make sense, but the Operative pulls out a knife like 3/4 of his height.... I wonder how drunk the developers were when they designed the attacks for the Operative

Anyway, just a post away from the "Nerf Smash" or "Buff Commandos"

POPsi
01.23.2013 , 02:49 AM | #2
yeah, bubblestun is OP.

Masarko
01.23.2013 , 02:52 AM | #3
odd, for me my knives are at the size of a shortblade-ish, only times ive seen my knife become huge is when it visually stays inside a mob in this example a huge boss ie, Zorn/Toth

NoTomorrow
01.23.2013 , 03:12 AM | #4
i think the vibroknives were always huge. They are basically a shortsword version of vibrosword.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Glower
01.23.2013 , 12:52 PM | #5
It's like a huge cell phones in The Matrix movie - to attract the attention!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Joesixxpack
01.23.2013 , 01:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
i think the vibroknives were always huge. They are basically a shortsword version of vibrosword.
Yep.

My Op. med. is a puny chick body type. /agent and she pulls out two "knives" bigger than her torso. It's great.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Capt_Beers
01.23.2013 , 01:45 PM | #7
That thing is a sword. I mean it's got a 4m (13ft) range.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

byteresistor
01.23.2013 , 03:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
That thing is a sword. I mean it's got a 4m (13ft) range.
Swords don't have a 4m range.

MidichIorian
01.23.2013 , 03:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
Swords don't have a 4m range.
Depends on how far you can throw it

AngelofCain
01.23.2013 , 03:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Depends on how far you can throw it
Touche. Sever tendon FTW!!!!
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator