Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rollback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Selenial
01.23.2013 , 04:59 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
It seems that I left out an apology in my original message, and I'd like to change that. I've gone ahead and edited the original post and wanted you all to know that we do apologize here for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We are working internally on processes to prevent this situation from happening again. Thank you, once again for your patience.
Appauling. You should have prevented this already. Im not on This server, but if it happened to me i would have left the game by now, and honestly, i dont blame anyone who thinks the same.
This was a major screw up bioware.
Pathetic
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

thomasbaxter
01.23.2013 , 05:02 PM | #82
Lol some of the idiots on the fleet are really talking so much BS. It was 3 hours. One guy claimed he was on Illum at level 1 cuz of the rollback and couldn't leave cuz he didn't have a ship. I mean how dumb are these bsers?

POPsi
01.23.2013 , 05:10 PM | #83
It seems that I left out an apology in my original message, and I'd like to change that. I've gone ahead and edited the original post and wanted you all to know that we do apologize here for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We are working internally on processes to prevent this situation from happening again. Thank you, once again for your patience.
Man you do know that you seriously are bad at these kind of things since the launch of the game and yet you do these mistakes. I'm not talking about the actual error, but how you communicate it. First you just say "yeah it happened, sorry but we won't compensate you" and then deliberately try to minimize the number of affected people like it's only a minor problem- let me tell you something... it's not. You know what? Even if 1 subscriber is affected by this, it's a problem. It doesn't depend on the number of users affected. BW employees really should take some public relations courses, you really could use it. And yes, it's constructive critisism- I'm telling you what you are doing wrong and what you should do to fix it.

darklordpotter
01.23.2013 , 05:28 PM | #84
Yeah you leave out apologies in a lot of your posts as does the rest of your team. In fact frankly in 99% of cases the CSRs could be replaced by the meme de jour saying "deal with it" and no-one would notice the difference. Oh wait you "thank us for our patience" I've seen that one before only two problems we don't require thanking and we aren't patient we only tolerate it because we have no choice.

By the way hows the companion lightsabre bug that you promised to fix in 2011 going? You know while you're working on basic functionality that should have been in at launch. Not to mention the CTDs that you have been "collecting data" on since 1.4.

PR speak "apologies" only get you so far sooner or later you have to actually do something other than release armour reskins.

ThaRoguewone
01.23.2013 , 06:05 PM | #85
Joveth,

I don't know about anyone else, but I want to thank you and everyone at Bioware for putting together a great and and continuing to improve it. The fact that you respond to us players when we speak is a great thing and something that I believe in lacking in this era. I'm from an older time where things were more personal and actual people spoke to you. Not automated systems. So to have you respond and then come back and give an official apology is awesome. Keep up the good work!

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 06:14 PM | #86
Rollbacks occur with any MMO, does it suck yes it does, What causes this can be a lot of things from faulty hardware to players using hacks in game that are against the system design which introduces instability and corruption in the server, get angry at the hackers cause they are likely causing it.

It happens to all MMOs GW 2 just says this https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...91711002955777

Least it wasn't a 2 week rollback like with ultima online last month.

Darth-Malice
01.23.2013 , 06:14 PM | #87
Are you working on compensating players who were effected by this roll back and not getting their moneys worth for what they pay for? You seem to have forgotten to address that.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

WobblyBits_X
01.23.2013 , 08:25 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
This^.

A thousand times this.

This is what happens when players use hacks to cheat in-game. The game we play is saved server side. Some idiot players decided using hacks would be a good idea. They were wrong, and have now ruined it for a lot of players. Bioware is probably still investigating the full situation. Companies will never divulge the full story until they actually HAVE the full story.

Don't blame Bioware because somebody wanted to cheat the game. You'd be suprised how many try every day.
its simply amazing the number of people who cant understand this tbh...
and it really didnt affect THAT many people. it was 1 server at a time when a large portion of the population had logged off already. far from peak population.
Defeating a Sandwich only makes it Tastier

Beslley
01.23.2013 , 09:01 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Appauling. You should have prevented this already. Im not on This server, but if it happened to me i would have left the game by now, and honestly, i dont blame anyone who thinks the same.
This was a major screw up bioware.
Pathetic
What did you expect? I'm not surprised. BW seems to have no idea how to run their game, let alone keep customers happy.

Sigh.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

SkuzBukit
01.23.2013 , 09:26 PM | #90
Really unhappy about this.

Customer Service has gone down the tubes & this feels like no effort at all was put into looking at the amount of loss the players affected have suffered, sure in the grand-scheme of things it may seem like a minor inconvenience but I have had an entire & what I thought had been very productive evening wasted as have many others & to get just this conciliatory apology is quite insulting.

If I didn't enjoy this game so much I would absolutely be pulling my sub right now & taking my money elsewhere but make no mistake this is a serious incident as far as I am concerned & it has badly damaged my opinion of this game & it's developers.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21