Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rollback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

T-Assassin
01.23.2013 , 01:57 PM | #61
welcome to the new era of customer service.

i will say this, however.

if you're going to complain, yet still pay money for this game, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

it is time to stop empowering these companies and developers.

the lack of communication, support, and customer service is an abomination.

that's ok, they're getting paid.

*EDIT* solution: subscribers = 1 free week/1000 CC FTP = 1000 CC

doing nothing is just unacceptable.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Ifoun_Darkcloud
01.23.2013 , 02:01 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrithis View Post
As ticked off as i am about this i wouldnt mind so much if they actualy came out and apologised rather than the response they actualy gave
I have to agree.

sanchito
01.23.2013 , 02:12 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrithis View Post
If the hardware has failed and the data got lost then whats stopping Bioware from making a big apology post informing everyone of this, if thats what happened they should know by now. Its the total lack of any comunication from them at all thats pissing people off.
Yeah this has always been biowares biggest problem. I was hoping that they learned from how well their more open communication on the spymaster gear issue was received, but doesn't seem like it...

Basically in this case if they said "yeah we had a harddisk failure and in the exact same second an intern poured his coffee into the backup rack hence the rollback. We now feed interns only crackers in order to prevent such mishaps in the future" most people would apprecite the honesty and move on.

What they actually said is absolutely nothing new, everyone already knew there was a rollback, that's why the thread exists in the first place...

kmufc
01.23.2013 , 02:25 PM | #64
Im shocked at the lack of an apology or explaining what happened in more detail.

As always since day 1 the CS here and communication is not good

Dainter
01.23.2013 , 02:26 PM | #65
You aren't really shocked. I can't imagine this surprises anyone at all.

Locr
01.23.2013 , 02:30 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. However, if you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.
Great response, it's time to delete my sub now. I finished my patience a long time (and bug) ago.
Says hello to my money, Joveth!

LordSkyKnight
01.23.2013 , 02:37 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Dainter View Post
You aren't really shocked. I can't imagine this surprises anyone at all.
This. While rollbacks don't seem to happen all the time. Here lately with in the last month it has been happening more often. All they do is give the canned response like in this thread. Another poster hit the nail right on the head. Either quit giving sub money and move on or take the punch and keep playing. You guys should know by now they aren't going to do jack about it.
Soon (™)

I love the people who say they don't take the game too seriously but post on the forum from sunup to sundown.

MoogleNut
01.23.2013 , 02:40 PM | #68
I just logged in, lost 2 levels, a few hundred social points from the two Black Talon runs I did last night, as well as the Marauder chest piece and a lightsaber from the runs.

I'm now back on Korriban, having to re-do the end of my class quest and farm the last two commendations I need ><

Plus a cartel pack assault cannon I put on the GTN seems to have disappeared. EDIT - found the cannon, it was on a different character. Going to do a few BT runs now, see if I can get that gear back...

Yup, it stings

Glower
01.23.2013 , 02:42 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by
Something like 500-700ppls?

"a small number of users" and "SOON", and "we will definitely looking into this" this is why your game dies!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Dainter
01.23.2013 , 02:51 PM | #70
It would have been a large number of users but most people unsubscribed before this.