Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recent influx of WZ bads

Hywhan
01.30.2013 , 01:09 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Molokia View Post
You have none.
Lies!! We're biffles!!
<Hostile Takeover>
twitch.tv/hywhan
Pot5

Mahael
01.30.2013 , 04:39 PM | #42
I'm one of the people that left 1.2 - 1.3...ish and came back when they launched f2p. One of the first things I started hearing about was how so many f2p were rolling imp. I rolled a pub because hey... starting again is a good time to start again and I'd prefer to have a 50 on each side before anything else.

A lot of my guildmates began leveling pubs as a reaction to all the imp f2p. I think the f2p dynamic IS responsible for this recent change of dynamic and it is compounded by both the influx of f2p imps, and the reaction of the sub community to it.

I'm not BW and so I don't have any real facts but I would not be suprised to see that f2p noobs are on the increase for imp while many competent imps have moved to pub... and it is all flushing out now a few months after f2p launch.
POT5
Ma'Hael Nae'Blis (Sith Assassin PVP/PVE Tank)
Caûthon Nae'Blis (Scoundrel PVP/PVE Healer)

NodnarbChawz
01.30.2013 , 08:15 PM | #43
I must reiterate that if you queue regular wz's then a beer/whiskey and pandora are a must.

I have also noticed an unusual amount of people are avoiding targets. You know, the ones with the giant symbol above their head? Honest to god, if you took my killer targeting skills and removed them from a match, the GD tank would be targeted more often then not. Disagree? Go ahead and give it a try, I promise I'm not wrong. If there is a more basic concept to pvp than this please let me know.

The op is either on to something or on something, but I must agree with him/her.

Please note: If you don't like alcohol then some tea or a spliff will suffice.

Sumobabyends
01.30.2013 , 08:23 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
If you are running regular WZ's...you get whatever you get. Bads have a right to play the same as you do. Where did you go when you considered yourself a bad? Oh wait, you were born a good...right?

Queue RWZ's. This is where it sounds like you belong, not hanging out with all the bads who are just trying to have fun in regular WZ's.

Me, I'll keep hanging out with them...for the most part, they are fun people to run WZ's with....except when you get that one guy who yells and stomps his feet while calling everyone bads....yes, that same guy sitting at the bottom of the medals list who only got 3 medals.

Just sayin...
LOL im always at the bottom. Imo if you have to declare others "baddies" i would say you maybe need to level your maturity a bit.

islander
01.30.2013 , 09:37 PM | #45
The problem with queuing for RWZ's is that only 5% of the population can do so - and only one or two nights a week.
The entire system is far too difficult to really enjoy. Requiring 8 reasonably good pvpers to be online at once and accepting 30 minute queues is rough. Requiring that 8 man to have something resembling a specific composition? Makes it three times worse.

At some point Biofail needs to allow for 4 man rated queueing. Not solo, that'd be patently awful.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Commissar_Omega
01.30.2013 , 09:41 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
If you are running regular WZ's...you get whatever you get. Bads have a right to play the same as you do. Where did you go when you considered yourself a bad? Oh wait, you were born a good...right?
I was bad once I'd say. That's only compared with how I play today. I've played since launch so when I was "bad", everyone else was really bad. I'm amazing comparatively now. Hopefully as time passes I'll consider my current level of play terrible.

I'll always consider myself terrible. True or not, nothing productive can come of thinking yourself amazing. If you think you've reached the peak you'll stop climbing.

Don't be intimidated by players that beat their chests and proclaim their greatness. They don't have the fire to change themselves They're static. Something that is static can be surpassed, maneuvered around, and defeated. For bad players this means that as long you keep beating yourself up for answers to your deficiencies, you'll eventually win. Time is the only factor in your journey. For good players this means you must constantly reach higher, or somebody will push you down.

Good players usually have this fire, that's why their good. Bad players don't have this drive, that's why their bad. Then there's the slightly above average players who make posts like the OP because they think they're great. They really only occupy a place just above the vast swaths of bads. They're happy there though, barking from that low pedestal. That's what separates the good from the great, the lions from the dinosaurs: how content you allow yourself to be with where you are.
Komissar Omega
Pot5 - 50 Sith Sorcerer
Pkers

RendakFel
01.30.2013 , 10:04 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Commissar_Omega View Post
I was bad once I'd say. That's only compared with how I play today. I've played since launch so when I was "bad", everyone else was really bad. I'm amazing comparatively now. Hopefully as time passes I'll consider my current level of play terrible.

I'll always consider myself terrible. True or not, nothing productive can come of thinking yourself amazing. If you think you've reached the peak you'll stop climbing.

Don't be intimidated by players that beat their chests and proclaim their greatness. They don't have the fire to change themselves They're static. Something that is static can be surpassed, maneuvered around, and defeated. For bad players this means that as long you keep beating yourself up for answers to your deficiencies, you'll eventually win. Time is the only factor in your journey. For good players this means you must constantly reach higher, or somebody will push you down.

Good players usually have this fire, that's why their good. Bad players don't have this drive, that's why their bad. Then there's the slightly above average players who make posts like the OP because they think they're great. They really only occupy a place just above the vast swaths of bads. They're happy there though, barking from that low pedestal. That's what separates the good from the great, the lions from the dinosaurs: how content you allow yourself to be with where you are.
This. Exactly this. As a guild leader, I can promise you that every other guild leader and officer in any game CRAVES players like this. That fire sustains players and drives them to improve is the same fire that binds a team. People respond to sacrifice and effort, and when your comrades can see you putting in the time and effort, the effect magnifies.

As Komissar said. The players you hear barking about greatness will never be the ones you should be aspiring to be like. They point at their moment of glory (screenshots) and tell tales of their exploits (wins), but that very mindset lives in the past. If you are always looking behind you, you cannot see where you are moving forward. This is why these players always stagnate. You cannot sustain "greatness" unless you are constantly adapting to how the scenario changes. This is why great pve guilds rarely perform greatly in pvp. PvE is a script. It doesn't change. PvP is borderline organized chaos requiring endless adjustments and action/reactions fit to the specific situation.

If you find yourself "suffering" all the "bads" consider for a moment that the reason many people don't play well with you is that you might be damned difficult to play with. Unfortunately for some people, PvP is actually a two way street where what YOU do and what OTHER PEOPLE do interact. It really isn't about the individual. Whoa be to the player that realizes the problems with the outcomes they achieve might be a result of their own efforts, or lack thereof, more so then the efforts of others nearby.
Oldprime - 50 Pyro PowerTech
Prophecy of Five
<Old Republic War>
Guild Leader

TonyJaa
01.31.2013 , 06:22 AM | #48

Excellent post!
ToniaJaa

Prophecy of the Five

DreamerBrian
01.31.2013 , 09:52 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by RendakFel View Post
This. Exactly this. As a guild leader, I can promise you that every other guild leader and officer in any game CRAVES players like this. That fire sustains players and drives them to improve is the same fire that binds a team. People respond to sacrifice and effort, and when your comrades can see you putting in the time and effort, the effect magnifies.

As Komissar said. The players you hear barking about greatness will never be the ones you should be aspiring to be like. They point at their moment of glory (screenshots) and tell tales of their exploits (wins), but that very mindset lives in the past. If you are always looking behind you, you cannot see where you are moving forward. This is why these players always stagnate. You cannot sustain "greatness" unless you are constantly adapting to how the scenario changes. This is why great pve guilds rarely perform greatly in pvp. PvE is a script. It doesn't change. PvP is borderline organized chaos requiring endless adjustments and action/reactions fit to the specific situation.

If you find yourself "suffering" all the "bads" consider for a moment that the reason many people don't play well with you is that you might be damned difficult to play with. Unfortunately for some people, PvP is actually a two way street where what YOU do and what OTHER PEOPLE do interact. It really isn't about the individual. Whoa be to the player that realizes the problems with the outcomes they achieve might be a result of their own efforts, or lack thereof, more so then the efforts of others nearby.
Post reported for making too logical of an argument.
Banshi
<Hoth Ski Patrol>

islander
01.31.2013 , 10:35 AM | #50

Totally agree. Its why many times I won't use voice comm, even if it's a guild group and they ask. I like making things more challenging for myself. I use the OPS chat. All 8 people see it. I feel its a lost art.
it's not that hard, and very seldom does intelligently using it harm your performance.
Now, the occasions I join a rated team, thats different.

Anyway, here's to those of us who have the drive to keep trying to improve our performance day to day. I know I need to teach myself how to play sniper as an engineer, so I'll be 'really bad' for a few days. I'll keep at it. Eventually it'll pay off.

Great post Commisar.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five