Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked WZs/Kick-ball

Ravashakk
01.22.2013 , 02:56 PM | #41
I've never understood the 1v1 mentality. Pvp to me is like sex. If you do it without anyone playing with you, you're just jerking off. It is a team game, and 1v1s play such a small role when compared to the other times when you aren't by yourself. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a guy that sucks at 1v1s but rocks at 4v6.

Before someone chimes in with "such and such 1v1 won us a game", just remember that team play at another location probably created that 1v1 situation.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

foxmob
01.22.2013 , 03:12 PM | #42
gonna be honest here...

all I got outta that is neb likes group sex.

A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Dhrasur
01.22.2013 , 03:19 PM | #43
Tbh, I disagree partially with what you are saying Neb. I think being very good at duels is useful in warzone, if only for knowing what to do in certain situations. But I don't feel like explaining my view more than this and I completely respect your opinion. The real reason I like dueling isn't rational at all, I just find it fun for what it is. Some match-up are funnier than others. Marauder against powertech is boring imho, but sorc vs mara or sniper vs mara is amazingly fun. I also like that having a 1v1 limit the possibilities up to a point where it's possible to make a "duel plan" against a lot of possibilities.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

Plikk
01.22.2013 , 03:22 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
gonna be honest here...

all I got outta that is neb likes group sex.

And all I got out of that was if it comes down to 1v1 and then someone ninja's into the fight then I guess it turns into surprise group sex?

Also, sorry for the de-rail, I keep forgetting that BW is stricter in their regulation of steathily inserted off-topic posts into a thread.

Good luck with ranked Uncensored!

Dhrasur
01.22.2013 , 03:34 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
By no means do I expect competition to raise to the level of say Starcraft
Omg Moon, are you a BW elitist too?

Carter_Mathis
01.22.2013 , 03:46 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
I've never understood the 1v1 mentality. Pvp to me is like sex. If you do it without anyone playing with you, you're just jerking off. It is a team game, and 1v1s play such a small role when compared to the other times when you aren't by yourself. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a guy that sucks at 1v1s but rocks at 4v6.

Before someone chimes in with "such and such 1v1 won us a game", just remember that team play at another location probably created that 1v1 situation.
I would argue that 1v1 potential is important, especially since it promotes player knowledge towards other classes. Especially since in many wz's players end up in the position where they need to guard or attempt to assist a person who was guarding and is attacked. So if you run in and get killed in 4 seconds, it doesn't matter how good of a support player you are, you just did a large disservice to your team
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Dhrasur
01.22.2013 , 03:53 PM | #47
I would add to what Vasyel said that if someone is really good at duel, it is a generally safe assumption that he is going to be a good player in other areas of the game up to a certain point. Also, dueling is a place where I consider I have room for improvement and it's something I can practice whenever I get a dueling partner. It's hard to get better in reg wz when the teams are so often imbalanced and pugs created situations that you wouldn't encounter in ranked anyways. If I could practice ranked warzones, like 8v8 in guild, I would, it's just not doable for Uncensored.

Krayshawn
01.22.2013 , 03:56 PM | #48
I don't think Neb was necessarily voicing his opinion toward dueling, but more toward 1v1ing in WZs in general, not being a team player, etc.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

donthedondon
01.22.2013 , 04:14 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Expostar View Post
Heads up, Uncensored will be going back to what we were doing before kick-ball. We will be in the ranked Queue 5-7 days a week. I know this will piss a lot of people off. We're not trying to be inconsiderate, we're just trying to do what we love with or without pops.

Ranked is designed for competitive play so I hope the server can start putting together guild teams like Unicorn and Republic Strikes Back. Another option is well rounded teams from kickball. I played at least 10 nights with you guys and there are many great players that could give anyone a run for their money when put together.

If you understand, thanks! If not I'm sorry, but I have the health and moral of my guild to worry about.
Not a problem jinx , i'll put the pug rankeds on hold for now unless someone else wants to get them going and when you guys get tired of sitting on your thumbs waiting for ranked pops let me know we'll fire the pug rankeds back up , wouldn't want the health or moral of your guild to worry you lol.

Carter_Mathis
01.22.2013 , 04:25 PM | #50
+2 internet points
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder