Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R/E frustrations

Facime
01.21.2013 , 06:05 PM | #1
Is this mechanic broken again? Today I wanted to make some upgrades for a friends armorings. I went and farmed the mats allowing room for error and began to craft Resolve Armoring 13's in order to R/E to make her some blues of that level. No joking at all, Im at 26 made and R/E'd with still no schematic. I have never found it THIS hard to get a schematic before.

I tried to relog and make more but tbh, Im just too frustrated now to bother. I will try coming back to it later, but I wanted to ask is anyone else is experienceing this today, or if there is a known bug/workaround when its that obviously broken.

(Im a sub, so my chance roll is 20% and my odds are well below that right now, with still nothing)

Kane_Ren
01.21.2013 , 06:14 PM | #2
my record with re, was with an armouring that took 46 attempts. Every time you re something, its the same % the previous fails mean nothing. That said, you can succesfully re 4-5 or more in a row. Which i have also done.

I find that if you really need the re, you don't get it. If you dont care, it re's first time.
55 Scoundrel DPS - 55 Commando DPS - 55 Sentinel DPS - 55 Shadow Tank
55 Sniper DPS - 55 Operative - 55 Assassin -55 Inquisitor (no AC) - 55 Sorcerer
55 Juggernaut Tank - 55 Powertech Tank - 55 Sage Healer - 55 Guardian Tank -
55 Vanguard Tank - 55 Marauder - 55 Gunslinger DPS - 55 Merc DPS

POPsi
01.22.2013 , 02:50 AM | #3
in the past 2 weeks I burned so much stabilizers to get 1 armoring I would probably be a rich man if I just sold them on GTN instead No luck yet with getting a schematic.

MelodicSixNine
01.22.2013 , 04:10 AM | #4
BioWare really needs to address it. It's stupidly grindy(unless you get lucky - yea it happens) and not logical. Chance increase after each fail would be nice. You take the item apart, fail to learn new schematic BUT you learn more about the item thus you get higher chance to learn it next time. I gave up on schematic so many times. Would be nice to level in purple gear, but getting crafting items with 2 or 3 companions without max affection and fail for 10th or 20th time is not encouraging or fun.

Holinyx
01.22.2013 , 05:10 AM | #5
lol you guys obviously never did skillups in Everquest crafting. 100+ combines for 1 skill up was pretty common. oh and you had to click drag all of your materials into the craft box. some of the recipes had 9 items. ugh.

yeah REing sucks....but it could be much, much worse.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Chris-FireFox
01.22.2013 , 05:53 AM | #6
the problem with REing is that every item you RE have a 80% chance of not giving a schematic (hence as the tooltip says only 20% of getting one). this chance is rerollec everytime you Re an item and even if you do a stack of items at once the chance is rerolled for each item in the stack individually.
yea the chances suck but we just have to live with it

MelodicSixNine
01.22.2013 , 05:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
lol you guys obviously never did skillups in Everquest crafting. 100+ combines for 1 skill up was pretty common. oh and you had to click drag all of your materials into the craft box. some of the recipes had 9 items. ugh.

yeah REing sucks....but it could be much, much worse.
Of course it could be worse. It always can be worse, but how about we focus on making the RE much more interesting and fun mechanic rather than compare it to other awful grindan systems? For example each REing will boost your next chance by 15% - green items or 5% - blue items. I recently leveled up biochem and it took around 15 green stims to get blue schematic. Not very exciting.
Crafting atm in cases like armormech, synth and arti is useful only through leveling process(end game focus on making augment boxes... yay?) and in many cases you will level up faster than gathering mats and REing, making the purple item essentially worthless.

asbalana
01.22.2013 , 10:00 AM | #8
No it is not broken again. I had to RE two items yesterday (armoring and mod). One took three tries and te other about 20. Both were 20%. That is no different from day one.

The system itself has a built in frustration factor. There is little joy in a quick hit, since the result is part of a process and you move on to the next level of REing or crafting the results. Long streaks of bad luck just stall out the game and you end up eating a lot of valuable mats in the process. After a long run of fails, when you finally hit, there is no sense of accomplishment but rather just relief.

I think the frustration is a question of mind set. I go into REing expecting the worst and often the system does not dissapoint in that. The two redeeming features of crafting are that at least when I get a schematic, It is mine forever and that I can make (at least pre cap) useful items that have value in leveling.

shashae
01.22.2013 , 11:08 AM | #9
Skill Armoring 16.... Succesful re-engineer on my 57th attempt

Worst I have ever had

Skiritai
01.22.2013 , 11:36 AM | #10
I sincerely hope they do something about this. Not an enjoyable experience, to think that you have to spend your free time getting angry at a game.