Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide: The Ultimate Raiding Assassin DPS Compository!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
PvE Guide: The Ultimate Raiding Assassin DPS Compository!

CountCaruso
03.04.2013 , 01:50 AM | #31
I love deception dps. I'm currently at about 1950-2050 dps on a 10 minute ops dummy fight. Blows most classes out of the water. It's a great class with a Simple rotation that gives great results. A very very viable class for both PvE and Pvp. Questions about my build and rotation ask. I've spent a **** ton of time on parsers and I have my rotation and build down to a science. It's like little things that add up such as when to use discharge and when not to. The appropriate time to hit blackout for increased force regen, mid combat force cloaking for blackout cooldowm reset, NEVER using maul unless the proc for it is up, investing extra points in the chain shock of the right tree, and thrashing blades in the left NOT charge mastery which is garbage. Crit at 30% buffed! You DO NOT need any more, it's wasted. Stack power and surge to 75-78%. Accuracy to 100%. Shock only with 2 stacks of induction. Voltaic slash like crazy, lacerate is garbage dont use it. Saber strike in down time. Go biochem, reusable power adrenal and get a dread guard daily comm power relic. Until 2.0 power is insane OP. Pop that relic the same time as the adrenal and throw overcharge saber and recklessness out too. Basically spam all those at once. Biggest exponential gains by doing so.

IInox
03.04.2013 , 06:11 AM | #32
nvm

a-n-i-k-i
03.05.2013 , 05:54 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by CountCaruso View Post
... I'm currently at about 1950-2050 dps on a 10 minute ops dummy fight. ...
I'm greatly interested by your parses, can you link some please ?

Hard_Head
03.05.2013 , 12:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by a-n-i-k-i View Post
Doubt we'll ever see that.

a-n-i-k-i
03.05.2013 , 05:14 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard_Head View Post
Doubt we'll ever see that.
At least I tried

Nuzzar
03.06.2013 , 11:18 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by a-n-i-k-i View Post
I would love to see a deception parse that even barely touches 1900 ;p

Nuzzar
03.06.2013 , 12:20 PM | #37
Also:
Quote: Originally Posted by THEFERRARICARGUY View Post
It's not recommended, you're stealing deathmark ticks and cutting off DoTs from discharge and creeping terror, plus you're gimping the force regen that's coming to you because you won't have a raze proc up when you have deathfield, since there is a 8 second internal cooldown for the procs, If I'm not mistaken, so don't spam your raze procs, allow your DoTs to tick and use crushing darkness shortly after Death Field to maximize DPS as all DoTs will share an equal amount of ticks allowing for more overall dps. I use this strategy regularly and managed to parse 1700+ on the Dread Guards in HM Asation/TFB
I thought it was common knowledge that raze ticks eating up deathmarks is actually a bad thing, since the dot isn't as strong as your other two, which will make better use of the dmg boost. While i wouldn't recommend to wait for deathmarks to wear of before refreshing raze either - this seems like a misinformation to me. Imho madness sorcs even try to avoid this in their rotation.

a-n-i-k-i
03.07.2013 , 05:22 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuzzar View Post
There is but I don't think it can be done on a regular basis.

Xethis
03.08.2013 , 06:04 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuzzar View Post
I very rarely get to 1800 on mine. I usually sit around 1700-1750 dps with full Deception. With Madness I sit around 1700 and Mad Maul is chillin at 1800 for me.

THEFERRARICARGUY
03.08.2013 , 02:13 PM | #40
Alright, it's been a while since I've last bothered to update this thread as we all know, everything this guide has is going to be pointless with the release of 2.0. I guess I can keep updating it but I don't see the point when no dps assassins will even touch pve.

Safe to say I'm going to quit my assassin with the 2.0 release.