Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Requesting experienced gamers to fill out survey Version 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Requesting experienced gamers to fill out survey Version 2

luffie
01.21.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1
Thanks to the great reactions on the previous survey, I now have a slightly tweeked version. It is almost the same as the first one, only with a few more options you suggested.
For those who haven't seen my previous post, I'm doing a research for school on etiquette in gaming, mostly concerning chat and language use. It's a short survey of only 10 questions so I was hoping you could help me with it.

Thank you in advance!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/38Z9FND

venomlash
01.21.2013 , 10:09 AM | #2
Sent it in. Good luck with your research, amigo.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Aries_cz
01.21.2013 , 10:11 AM | #3
Damn, I envy you people these kinds of thesis topics. I once saw someone doing a thesis on analysis of nicks in MMOs
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 10:11 AM | #4
Same, but I wasn't sure some will know what the word etiquette means after reading some threads on these forums

Diablo_Cow
01.21.2013 , 10:35 AM | #5
I filled it out again for you
Out if curiosity what language is the survey originally in? I noticed the end or finish button is a word I haven't seen before.

luffie
01.21.2013 , 10:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_Cow View Post
Out if curiosity what language is the survey originally in? I noticed the end or finish button is a word I haven't seen before.
Ah, so despite my best efforts it happened again -.-
I wrote the survey in English, but the site somehow KNOWS I'm Dutch and won't let me forget it. I have tried putting the site on English, but appearently that didn't work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: And thanks for filling it in by the way :P

Drudenfusz
01.21.2013 , 10:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_Cow View Post
My guess would be dutch.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

darthgroond
01.21.2013 , 10:48 AM | #8
Done. Again. Good luck with yout thesis/thing.
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel

GuruVII
01.21.2013 , 06:11 PM | #9
Hmm, I imagine you'll get some usable data from this survey. Too bad you didn't ask the general demographics data like nationality (or perhaps world region?), age and education. Such information makes drawing conclusions much easier.

Would also be interesting to do this survey with other MMOs, to see if there is any difference between them as well.

In any case, I do hope you'll post the results of the survey

Drudenfusz
01.21.2013 , 06:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GuruVII View Post
Hmm, I imagine you'll get some usable data from this survey. Too bad you didn't ask the general demographics data like nationality (or perhaps world region?), age and education. Such information makes drawing conclusions much easier.
Those questions are mostly the reason I do not take part in surveys, even the gender questing is something I don't like (some people don't think of themselves as male or female, and such things are true for most of the other personal questions as well). The self image that people have is often different from what is true, so I would be really surprised if even half would give true answers on all of those questions. In the internet we are genderless, international, superstars who don't have to think about what we might otherwise in our day to day lifes.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version