Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One of our Own Guilds featured this week on Darthhater.com

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
One of our Own Guilds featured this week on Darthhater.com

BlownSi
01.21.2013 , 07:48 AM | #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to get a link up for this if anyone wanted to check this out. My guild, Corruptive Minds, is being featured on DarthHater this week in the Ops Com section, dealing with our NiM Zorn & Toth strat. We just wanted to share it out to everyone on the server for some enjoyment and maybe to help a guild out there that might be working on progression. Enjoy!

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...opscom-1-21-13

J'anin/Harm/Kaase of The Shadowlands
Delwynn Legacy
Harmeggido - J'anin - Zophie - Kaase
DaMG - The Shadowlands

MariaD
01.22.2013 , 05:14 PM | #2
Thanks for sharing your strats! And congratulations!
Quicker
Easier
More seductive

Lalainnia
01.23.2013 , 03:39 AM | #3
Gratz!
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Ty_walla
01.28.2013 , 05:36 AM | #4
A big congratulations to Shot First and Carnage Gaming for keeping The Shadowlands featured for the second week in a row on Darthhater.com

Keep up the great work!

Link: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...opscom-1-28-13
Bawoni
The Shadowlands
The Chandrian

Nibbon
01.28.2013 , 08:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ty_walla View Post
A big congratulations to Shot First and Carnage Gaming for keeping The Shadowlands featured for the second week in a row on Darthhater.com

Keep up the great work!

Pleasant surprise, I didn't know this was coming. Thanks for the link

Padheannis
01.29.2013 , 01:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ty_walla View Post

Keep up the great work!

Grats on the Kill, and grats on the Darthhater feature

veyl
01.30.2013 , 05:58 PM | #7
Kind of amusing that Darth Hater posted a strat that is clearly not the way Bioware designed the fight to happen. Congrats on your creative use of mechanics though, I'm sure a lot of guilds out there that couldn't do T/Z NiM will now be able to cheese their way to victory!

Lafay
01.31.2013 , 12:44 AM | #8
We have done this a few times but yea, your dps has to be awesome because of the decreased damage toth takes. I find this method easyer if you have new/crappy healers but if you dont have the dps for it (alot) then you have to do it the old way. Both ways are hard, but this way is simple mechanics for good dps vs complex mechanics for run of the mil dps.
It's funny how you say "others can now use this to cheese their way to victory" but really, dps is tight, give it a try and see how easy it is lol. I have a hard time breaking 1650dps using this method, where as normally 1750 is usually par for the course.

Ty_walla
01.31.2013 , 06:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
We have done this a few times but yea, your dps has to be awesome because of the decreased damage toth takes. I find this method easyer if you have new/crappy healers but if you dont have the dps for it (alot) then you have to do it the old way. Both ways are hard, but this way is simple mechanics for good dps vs complex mechanics for run of the mil dps.
It's funny how you say "others can now use this to cheese their way to victory" but really, dps is tight, give it a try and see how easy it is lol. I have a hard time breaking 1650dps using this method, where as normally 1750 is usually par for the course.
My thoughts exactly. Both strats are viable. Both capitalize on different strengths of the group you bring in. Thanks for your input.
Bawoni
The Shadowlands
The Chandrian

veyl
01.31.2013 , 11:43 AM | #10
If you ever look up what an Exploit is in a video game, you'll see why what you're doing is wrong. If you are using a games mechanic to purposefully bypass all other mechanics of a boss fight, you are exploiting the fight to win. When this occurred in wow, the development team had a hotfix for the fight within a week and if a guild used something like this, they would be banned for 3 days. (Which happened on a few World Firsts last expansion and also on Heroic LK 25man) The Bioware Development team in general is terrible with fixing bugs in raids (See SOA for the first 6 months of this game as an example) so I'm sure you can continue to use this strat with no worry of ban hammers.

Also:
You are talking about it being a higher dps check but you're forgetting that you're eliminating all other aspects of the fight that would hinder DPS. You are essentially making the fight a Tank and Spank where you don't have to worry about ANY OTHER mechanic that would screw up your rotations. You are also severely reducing the amount of healing going out because the healers will only have to watch the tank on Toth and never have to worry about the two red circle phases. This also eliminates the movement // defensive CD // possibly self heals of all of the DPS because you are exploiting a bug in order to skip phases.

Like I stated before: This strategy completely cheeses the fight and makes it a joke. If those guilds out there that are still struggling with NiM T/Z use this strat and then it is "fixed" (IE, after the big rock is thrown - the red circle phase will follow) they will have to learn to do it the "correct" way.