Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

Scorpiooooo's Avatar


Scorpiooooo
01.25.2013 , 04:46 AM | #41
Kudos to the guys who are putting this together.

I ran the first competition of this kind last year - R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships - with much success. Not only that, it was an extremely fun 8 Hours of really competitive warzones.

To all those who are griping about the 7v7 makeup - it works just fine and particularly as a spectator event, we had tremendous feedback - never less than 200 people watching our stream for the whole 8 hours. It was great fun, we're about to announce a regular season event, kicking off in about 2 weeks.

Again - best of luck to you guys, hope you kill it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
01.25.2013 , 05:07 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Kudos to the guys who are putting this together.

I ran the first competition of this kind last year - R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships - with much success. Not only that, it was an extremely fun 8 Hours of really competitive warzones.

To all those who are griping about the 7v7 makeup - it works just fine and particularly as a spectator event, we had tremendous feedback - never less than 200 people watching our stream for the whole 8 hours. It was great fun, we're about to announce a regular season event, kicking off in about 2 weeks.

Again - best of luck to you guys, hope you kill it!

Yeah this went down real well last year. It also boosted our fleet population to double the usual quotas for that night, with majority of the past and present Master Dar'Nala community tuning in via a delayed Twitch stream too.

And yeah, I'll be honest, I too wasn't sure about the 7v7 thing either, but it really does work well and doesn't subtract from the team performance much if at all.

(PS: if your top teams get involved in this, i know a few ppl from Asia Pacific who would tune in to watch)
This is Fuwah speaking

Megatfx's Avatar


Megatfx
01.26.2013 , 06:27 PM | #43
Going to summarize my entire debate of Anitamedics cluelessness on running a RWZ tournament.

http://imgur.com/CTliish

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
01.26.2013 , 06:48 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by megatfx View Post
going to summarize my entire debate of anitamedics cluelessness on running a rwz tournament.

http://imgur.com/ctliish
oh snap!

Zenates's Avatar


Zenates
01.26.2013 , 07:23 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Going to summarize my entire debate of Anitamedics cluelessness on running a RWZ tournament.

http://imgur.com/CTliish
Wouldn't it be cool if we could have more than one character?

Someone seems a little mad he was called out for lying, so now he stalks people on fleet with his print screen key bound to mouse 1.

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
01.26.2013 , 07:27 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenates View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if we could have more than one character?

Someone seems a little mad he was called out for lying, so now he stalks people on fleet with his print screen key bound to mouse 1.
Naw Bro no one knows who Imperial Generals are in the rated scene so good job?

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
01.26.2013 , 07:33 PM | #47
this thread has provided with me some amusement. carry on
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

MegaHeals's Avatar


MegaHeals
01.26.2013 , 08:21 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
Going to summarize my entire debate of Anitamedics cluelessness on running a RWZ tournament.

http://imgur.com/CTliish
Oh man my toon looks sweet thanks!

WIM-'s Avatar


WIM-
02.05.2013 , 02:04 AM | #49
I like the concept, OP. Not sure why there's so much QQ about losing the 8th slot to a ref. So established strats and comps need to go back to the drawing board, nbd.
W i m.. S o l o

V I I I - The Fatman(RIP)