Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

MegaHeals
01.20.2013 , 09:20 PM | #1
Not holding tourney, since I quit playing.... Have a great life.

Ravashakk
01.21.2013 , 12:52 AM | #2
Server forums are ------------> way
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

Darth-Rammstein
01.21.2013 , 01:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Server forums are ------------> way
I don't think too many people look at the server forums tbh...he probably figured he'd have better luck here.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 01:41 AM | #4
i thought cheating was a pre req for rateds?
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Aerilas
01.21.2013 , 01:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
i thought cheating was a pre req for rateds?
where do you play.

seriously.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 01:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
where do you play.

seriously.
on my cpu in my living room why?
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Brimmer
01.21.2013 , 02:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
on my cpu in my living room why?

Me too!
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

MrFrezzer
01.21.2013 , 02:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MegaHeals View Post
MARCH MADNESS "THE QUEST FOR MORE CREDITS"

Think your warzone team is the baddest in the SWTOR galaxy? Imperial Generals says "Prove it and show us the money!"

Seriously though, the Imperial Generals would like to propose and coordinate a WarZone tourney to be held on Saturday, March 2nd, Time TBD. The contest will feature 7 man teams participating in a bracket style tournament of random warzones. This will be a credit buy in tournament of $7 MILLION credits per team. With the first through third place splitting all credits collected 65% / 25% / 10%.

Here are the details and rules regarding the tournament -

Registration details -
All teams must come up with a "team name", team captain & participating members by posting on this website with your team members names on this forum post. The registration deadline for all teams participating is Saturday, February 23rd at 12 PM central. Registration is finalized when monies are received by "anitamedic" Monies must be paid starting Thursday February 21st ending Saturday, Februrary 23rd. The teams captains should collect all money and send 1 email with the $7 Million credits (not seperate emails with $1 million a piece, please). When these conditions have been met we'll update this post with the buyin status. If you want to register and send credits early that is fine, but it would be nice to wait please.

Substitutions -
After registration is complete, your team is finalized. Because PC's break & internet connections go down, we will allow a 1 player substitution only per team on the day of the tournament. No other substitutions are permitted and if you do not have enough players to fill out your roster you will have to play with the team you have logged on at a disadvantage.

Server outage - In case for some reason the server goes down in the middle of play, the following rules apply. If less than 50% of the bracket is completed all credits will be returned to each team and play will be suspended, and we'll possibly try and reschedule. If more than 50 of the bracket is completed, then all monies will be split equally among remaining teams.

PC Outage - If a game client crashes during a warzone Queue, we will allow one crash pert team per matchup. After each team uses their requeue, play goes on regardless of game client crashes. If your PC crashes or your internet disconnects during game play, that's just tough luck. Play goes on.

Bracket -
This will be a bracket style tournament with a double elimination bracket. Seeding will be done by random draw on Saturday, February 23rd. Brackets will be posted when complete. Teams in the consolation bracket may only compete for the 3rd place prize and may not challenge up to the main bracket. Bracket format may change depending on number of teams participating.

Gameplay rules
On March 2nd, all participating teams will meet up in a predetermined location to queue for rated warzones. Teams will only consist of 7 members. The 8th man on each team will be a neutral observer from another team not participating in the matchup and will be responsible for monitoring players and reporting results of the warzone matchup. These players will be marked with a shield, so DO NOT ATTACK THE OBSERVERS. Attacking and killing the observer will constitute a matchup loss for that WZ. We can handle a few blaster shots to an observer, but a kill = a loss in the best 2 out of 3 matchup. Observers please be cautious of the bridge in the Voidstar and firetraps in the pit. Cheating covered later....

Each bracket matchup will consist of best 2 out of 3 random rated warzones. If your team loses you drop down into the consolation bracket, if your team wins you advance in the main bracket.

Teams will queue for rated warzones when called and if they do not get the matchup they will leave the queue and requeue.

Gear -
All gear is allowed
Adrenals and Medpacs are allowed
GRENADES ARE ALLOWED

CHEATING
Cheating / hacking or exploiting is forbidden. If a member on your team cheats your teams is expelled from the tournaments. This includes any teleportation or any other known or unknown SWTOR hack. Because we have to police ourselves on this, we encourage all participants to video capture their matchups if the observers happen to miss something so it can be reviewed on youtube. Cheating complaints will reviewed and ultimately be decided on by members of the Imperial Generals guild and all decisions are final.

Sorry to end on a negative note, so lets all get registered and have a fun tournament!

Sincerely - Anitamedic
You all know Gingers was in this guild. That is all that needs to be said
Frezz

If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix. - Greg Zoeller

Ishtharo
01.21.2013 , 08:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MrFrezzer View Post
You all know Gingers was in this guild. That is all that needs to be said
Gingers was not in IG. At least not since Ive been in it, and thats ben almost 6 months now :P

This is a great concept, and IG will be forming a team. Lets have some fun!

Xerain
01.21.2013 , 10:05 AM | #10
7 man teams? Why 7 man teams? Why not 8? And how is this a Rated WZ tournament? There are no places you can garantee people to go and have an objective style pvp.